Bought this of Gumtree 2 Weeks ago £260 Did I get a Steal?!

Associate
Hello guys, initially thought this was too good to be true. The Gumtree ad was listed in my area for around 7 minutes before I messaged them and as they lived 5 minutes away I instantly went to pick it up. Anyway I've used it now for 2 weeks and it's pretty solid. I'm broke as F! But always wanted to build my own PC but this is a nice substitute what you guys think £260 bargain?!

I7 4790k 4.0GHz processor (Overclocked this week running at 4.7GHZ)
ASUS Maximus VI Hero motherboard
12GB DDR3 (Will Upgrade to 16GB)
Corsair AX1200i 1200W power supply with custom white braided cables
Sapphire Radeon 7850 1GB GDDR5 graphics card (Really outdated. Will get a 1060 in the summer)
250GB SSD Samsung EVO 850 (BOOT DRIVE)
OCZ ARC 480GB SSD (STORAGE DRIVE)
2 X corsair SP120 fans
Corsair 750D case (BIG CASE!)
2 X corsair AF140 fans
Freezer Artic Cooler Rev.2
DVDRW

Here's some pics what you guys think :D

vo1k4n.jpg

33zemas.jpg

11bkgvq.jpg

34xnj42.jpg

Soldato
that is a very good price considering, made my ad for my pc which isnt even half the performance seemed overpriced lol and a lot more for your money than other ads i saw when i was scoping out for a average/spec prices.

overclock the crap out the 7850, should still hold strong.

Associate
I suppose in part it depends where you go next...although at £260 it's hard to think of it as anything but a bargain.

Caporegime
Very, very good buy that! Even the 480gb SSD and the PSU would cost more new. You've done well! New graphics card in there, even a £200 480 would play everything.

Soldato
That really is a bargain

Was it a teenage kid that sold it to you? I wouldn't be surprised if you had an angry Dad knocking on your door in a few days time demanding his PC back ;)

Price is even more nuts given that it's a custom build, clearly built by someone who knows what they're doing so would know they were selling it for a steal. Must have really needed cash quickly - or just wanted rid. Although i give my old PCs away to family so what do i know...

Associate
OP
That really is a bargain

Was it a teenage kid that sold it to you? I wouldn't be surprised if you had an angry Dad knocking on your door in a few days time demanding his PC back ;)

Price is even more nuts given that it's a custom build, clearly built by someone who knows what they're doing so would know they were selling it for a steal. Must have really needed cash quickly - or just wanted rid. Although i give my old PCs away to family so what do i know...

The lad was I guess around 20. He said he bought it of his mate a few months ago but didn't really know much about the spec :/. Right place right time I think :p

Associate
definitely a good bargain, but at the end of the day, when you need money straight away and there is no where else you can get that money, especially if people owns money or need it for recreational powder...i guess you would sell it at that price. To be honest in the past at university I had a lot of hardware sold/given to me like 50-75% the price due to people relocating to another country and they can't take it with them, and it was a quick way to get cash to take back.

But at the same time i knew the Chinese dude and the parts were legit and not from an unknown source.

Personally i would get a UV light and just check to see if the hardware if marked just for your security purpose. Not to scare you but you wouldn't want to have stolen parts in your procession, and when question say you got it for that price, even that sound weird, i am sure the SSD retail value is that price alone.

Cross my finger that everything is legit..

Soldato
If he didn't know the specs, then I can assume he didn't know what he was selling. It's the same vain as people walking past super expensive computers if robbing a house. If they see a PC vs a PS4, they'd probably nick the console and walk straight past the PC even if it had a pair of Titans in it.

Now stick a good gpu in there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom