Bourbon, Rye and American Whiskey

Soldato
OP
I have got a bottle of Blanton's Original Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon for the Christmas period.

IMG-0062.jpg

Should be good it isn't cheap that one!

Oh I forgot to mention another one I've tried is called Brough Brother's, apparently they are pretty new to the scene and a very small company but the bourbon is great, you can get it on Amazon about £28

Soldato
Please let me know what you think. I love Woodford reserve (regular) its one of my favourites, I have a bottle downstairs actually.

Opened it over Christmas, very nice. Still smooth, perhaps not as smooth as the standard Woodford, not tried that in ages though. I'm pretty useless at distinguishing different flavours.
I got it on offer, not sure I would buy it at full price, as the standard is very good.
If you ever get it I would love to hear your thoughts as well, I'm pleased I tried it, and am enjoying it all the same.:)

Soldato
OP
Opened it over Christmas, very nice. Still smooth, perhaps not as smooth as the standard Woodford, not tried that in ages though. I'm pretty useless at distinguishing different flavours.
I got it on offer, not sure I would buy it at full price, as the standard is very good.
If you ever get it I would love to hear your thoughts as well, I'm pleased I tried it, and am enjoying it all the same.:)

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I got one for Xmas called fighting ****, something like 51% it's relatively smooth but kinda has that kinda warmth thing going - it's a bit like Knob Creek if you've ever tried that.

I wouldn't say it's the best bottle I've ever had but it's not bad and another ticked off the list.

Soldato
Cool, thanks for letting me know.

I got one for Xmas called fighting ****, something like 51% it's relatively smooth but kinda has that kinda warmth thing going - it's a bit like Knob Creek if you've ever tried that.

I wouldn't say it's the best bottle I've ever had but it's not bad and another ticked off the list.

Yeah tried Knob Creek, I've forgotten half the ones I have tried though, not sure about you but when it comes to bourbon I much prefer it over ice.

Associate
Between work, friends and family I got a handle of Jim Beam white, a handle of Makers Mark and a handle of Woodford Reserve (yum).

I must have been a very good boy this year. ;) :D

Soldato
No ... but,
had I not just bought a 1litre regular for £30 at xmas, I would have probably bitten; eagle rare being the previous offer they made, I couldn't refuse.

Soldato
OP
No ... but,
had I not just bought a 1litre regular for £30 at xmas, I would have probably bitten; eagle rare being the previous offer they made, I couldn't refuse.

It's okay, like a punchier version of the regular makers mark, I personally don't think it's worth the price over the regular.

But thanks for marking the offer.

Back
Top Bottom