Boxing and hand / wrist injuries.

Associate
OP
I ended up getting a pair of Fairtex gloves (limited edition universe). Just about the only ones I liked the look of and only S$5 more than the standard red pair. Oh, they also seemed snug but not tight so the wraps should fit especially after the initial loosening.

Got the 14oz and will see what they are like tomorrow lunch time as I take a trip for a lunch gym session.

Cheers
RB

Associate
OP
Hi Wanton,

I tried the 12oz but they felt a little tight and that was without wraps. The 14oz felt a little better but still a bit tight. They should bed down a bit with use and fit just nice. That is the theory ;).

Cheers
RB

Associate
OP
How can you tell which size to get? I have large hands or are the oz just the weight?

Certianly from the ones I tried, the oz also relates to the size of the gloves. The 14oz were larger than the 12oz, not just heaver.

Some are more fitted (i.e. smaller inside) and some are not, seems to depend on brand.

TBH, just like buying shoes, best to go and try the first pair you buy in a shop to get the best fitting for yourself.

This is for Muay Thai kick boxing gloves. Not sure if boxing gloves follow the same route with sizing but I suspect they do.

RB

Back
Top Bottom