1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Discs/Pads - Makes & Prices

Discussion in 'Motors' started by stoofa, 5 Jun 2017.

1. swinnie

Mobster

Got hold of them easy enough but didn't have anything in stock. Walked into the Dealer and the parts guy picked everything up off the shelf and even checked with one of their techs as I wanted to see if the discs were supplied installation ready (like Pagid) or needed cleaning at install. Have needed other parts since for other jobs and have just gone to the Dealer after that.

2. xs2man

Mobster

Just found out my step sisters man is service manager at a local Arnold Clark franchise. So I would never use them for any servicing work, but he may be able to get me a discount on parts. Aint used him yet though, so dunno for sure.

3. Nathan

Mobster

TPS depends on your branch and your relationship with the staff. Mine are great and stick it all through trade account

4. Vita

Capodecina

I'm after a set of front discs. I'm ignoring EBC discs/pads because of the stories I've heard/read. Are they still that bad though?

I'm after some decent stopping power but nothing track spec. I've seen some brembo max discs and pads. Are these sufficient? Or a good set of blank discs with ds2500 pads?

5. Frozennova

Man of Honour

Padgid blank discs are more than sufficient, Mintex M1144 get a lot of praise. Can't say I've had any issues with EBC pads but I'll be trying the Mintex next time around

6. Vita

Capodecina

I want some grooved discs. I much prefer those to blanks or drilled. Not sure what to go for and I can't seem to find the mintex in my disc size 312x25.

I may just opt for the ebc slotted discs as they seem to get decent reviews. The pads on the other hand are questionable.

EDIT: opted for brembo max's and ds2500 pads.

Last edited: 15 Jun 2017