Brake pads for the Z4

Associate
Right, my fronts don't have too long left, so I need to get a set in ready.

I know nothing about pads, but I know two things I would like:

- reduced dust (OEM ones are terrible for this)
- improved wear/stopping power (secondary)

I don't mind paying good money, but I literally have no idea where to start.

Man of Honour
I gave up trying to find the holy grail of lower dust, no noise and better performing pads than OEM and just bought OEM ones.

Soldato
Best suppliers? Price I should be paying?

I'll be slipping a family member a few quid for fitting, so just need the parts.

I dont know what the OEM pads will cost for your car but for my 530d the front pads alone are a tad over £250 from BMW. Anyone know where to get genuine BMW OEM cheaper?

You could always get some pads from German and Swedish which will work out a lot cheaper than the dealer.

Man of Honour
I dont know what the OEM pads will cost for your car but for my 530d the front pads alone are a tad over £250 from BMW. Anyone know where to get genuine BMW OEM cheaper?

Yes - GSF or Eurocarparts. Work out the OEM supplier using the BMW parts catalouge then buy them from GSF. They'll be the same part. For the LCI 530d, the OEM supplier is Textar. They are Textar T4165's.

Eurocarparts has these for £56 inc vat a pair. I THINK these are the right ones. Bizarrely the entire range seems to use the same pads bar the 530i which has Jurid ones :confused:

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15026620 said:
Yes - GSF or Eurocarparts. Work out the OEM supplier using the BMW parts catalouge then buy them from GSF. They'll be the same part. For the LCI 530d, the OEM supplier is Textar. They are Textar T4165's.

Eurocarparts has these for £56 inc vat a pair. I THINK these are the right ones. Bizarrely the entire range seems to use the same pads bar the 530i which has Jurid ones :confused:

Nice one, thanks.

Soldato
more info: textar pads have to be the worst smelling pads ive come across. pads often smell of cats wee but textars, ive found, or something else all together and smell rancid

Back
Top Bottom