• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Brand New AMD 6600XT Faulty?

Soldato
I'm having intermittent issues with my brand new Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+. Today I booted into Windows and the I got a pop-up from the Radeon bug reporting tool saying the driver had timed out:

yihkqem.png

I rebooted and the Radeon software failed to load so I check the device manager and this came up:

A5Ei3mX.jpg

This is not the first time I've had this issue and happens roughly 1 in 5 boots. I've tried downloading the Radeon Cleanup utility to remove all previous drivers (prior to this card I had a RX 560x, but before installing the 6600XT I used the same tool to clean out the old drivers) and downloaded the latest driver from the AMD website. However even that didn't go smoothly, when installing the screen flickered like it does in every other GPU driver update however the difference was my display didn't come back on. I check the HD activity light and I could see there was still activity so I assumed the driver was still installing in the background even though I had not display. I waited for 5 mins or so and rebooted which finished the installation and everything seemed normal, no crashes all my games were stable but I'm still getting these intermittent issues with the card.

Short of flattening Windows and installing everything from scratch is there anything else I could try or should I just return the card?

Going to tag @AMD_Vik & @LtMatt

Specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 3600 non X running at stock
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M S2H
PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 500W
SSD: Western Digital SN550 1Tb NVME
GPU: Sapphire 6600XT Nitro+

Soldato
OP
With Device Manager showing that, I would suggest a driver issue.

You could try a different system.
I think so, I'm getting ready to completely flatten the NVME drive and do a clean install of W10. After I posted the OP I rebooted I couldn't even get into Windows, the Windows logo would show up and the screen would turn off. In the end I reinstalled my RX560 which has got me back into Windows which I have used to backup my Firefox bookmarks and passwords, saved down my documents to a spare drive. Side note the 560 just works and can play games without issue.

Soldato
I think so, I'm getting ready to completely flatten the NVME drive and do a clean install of W10. After I posted the OP I rebooted I couldn't even get into Windows, the Windows logo would show up and the screen would turn off. In the end I reinstalled my RX560 which has got me back into Windows which I have used to backup my Firefox bookmarks and passwords, saved down my documents to a spare drive. Side note the 560 just works and can play games without issue.

If you want to test without wiping everything, you could try a test install on another drive.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey, could you tell us what background software you typically have running?

Additionally, could you tell me if you have any recently created kernel dump files over in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\

Soldato
OP
Hey, could you tell us what background software you typically have running?

Additionally, could you tell me if you have any recently created kernel dump files over in C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\
Hi thanks for responding,

I have the following applications in my task tray:
- Steam
- AVAST
- Creative BlasterX Engine Pro (for my USB sound card)
- Canon Network Printer software
- Radeon Software

Here are the file in the directory you mentioned

7gBPZWx.jpg

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi thanks for responding,

I have the following applications in my task tray:
- Steam
- AVAST
- Creative BlasterX Engine Pro (for my USB sound card)
- Canon Network Printer software
- Radeon Software

Here are the file in the directory you mentioned

7gBPZWx.jpg

Oh wow, that's a lot. Go ahead and send me one of those files (or all of them) from 19/09 via private message and I can take a look into it.
Alternatively, if you've already submitted this as a bug report via Radeon Software, go ahead and PM me the email address you used and I can take a look into it personally.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Oh wow, that's a lot. Go ahead and send me one of those files (or all of them) from 19/09 via private message and I can take a look into it.
Alternatively, if you've already submitted this as a bug report via Radeon Software, go ahead and PM me the email address you used and I can take a look into it personally.

Cheers
Hi, thanks for that. Your trust isn't enabled. Could you send me a message via Trust with you email so I can send you the files.

Back
Top Bottom