Brand new build roughly £1000

Soldato
Knowing this I am going to go to the local xxxxxx again today and purchase a 2600x same price as oclockers. I know i can get it 25quid less other places but at this point iv gone past caring!
As OcUK aren't getting your business (you may want to edit names) - if you have 'speedy delivery' you can get a replacement by tomorrow (ignore max edition) and recoup your 10% if other etailer pulls a fast one (easy to do with CPU).

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the tip on name discretion last thing id eant to do is upset oclockers :p The mugen arrived yesterday aswell that looks a beast compated to the stock ryzen

Was planning on keeping that 2nd psu i got and selling the first one...

But what ill do now is put the 650corsair back in the pc and return the 750evga as a exchange towards the 2600x balance the costs a bit that way!

Last edited:
Soldato
The mugen arrived yesterday aswell that looks a beast compated to the stock ryzen
Probably the best cooler on the market for the money.

Was planning on keeping that 2nd cpu i got and selling the first one...
I would return it if the new CPU works out the box - as it would be definitive proof that the CPU was at fault - regardless of etailers testing. Plus, you may have problems selling it...

Associate
OP
Probably the best cooler on the market for the money.

I would return it if the new CPU works out the box - as it would be definitive proof that the CPU was at fault - regardless of etailers testing. Plus, you may have problems selling it...

Sorry noob edit i meant psu not cpu returning the 750 for exchange an keeping the original650

Associate
OP
GENTLEMEN ....

I think we are good....

Turns on and has completed 1 swarm stres test all stock....

Got to sort tea out now but will post some photos an stats soon to confirm eveything!!!

But really looking positive for the time being not getting excited..

Soldato
GENTLEMEN ....

I think we are good....
YEY!!!

*Conversely, somewhere, a litter of kittens were dropped off a bridge, in a loosely wrapped hessian bag, to offset this good fortune... (that, or a herd of unicorns were decapitated by an RGB chainsaw).

This is how simple it should have been - clicky - for future reference.

Associate
OP
YEY!!!

*Conversely, somewhere, a litter of kittens were dropped off a bridge, in a loosely wrapped hessian bag, to offset this good fortune... (that, or a herd of unicorns were decapitated by an RGB chainsaw).

im sure the kittens would have appreciated it was for a greater cause and took one for the team :confused:,

not had a good go yet but run prime 95 for 15mins on blend and its settled around 81 on stock coolers

cinebench20 cpu and single cpu core both completed scores look good?

that star swam stress test completed great

This is how simple it should have been - clicky - for future reference.

god that was done in about 3 pages job done away he went with a big smile on his face... but did he truly come to learn and appreciate how wonderfully stupid computers can be? least im prepared for any future headaches haha

Soldato
not had a good go yet but run prime 95 for 15mins on blend and its settled around 81 on stock coolers

cinebench20 cpu and single cpu core both completed scores look good?

that star swam stress test completed great
You want to use and abuse now - game/browse/game/game best test there is now.

god that was done in about 3 pages job done away he went with a big smile on his face... but did he truly come to learn and appreciate how wonderfully stupid computers can be? least im prepared for any future headaches haha
He probably has more hair than you after the experience.

Associate
OP
You want to use and abuse now - game/browse/game/game best test there is now.

He probably has more hair than you after the experience.

so what if i got divorced, my 4 year old starved and i got sacked from work during this process at least we figured out it was the cpu!

just thinking when would be best to install this mugen cooler give it a night or just get it done?

Associate
OP
just sorted out all the wiring and fitted mugen going to give it a good test the next few hours!

Really appreciate the help and advice the last few days guys its people like you who make these forums so great couldn't of done it without you

Soldato
You've been great yourself, and good that you didn't waste anyone's time, especially Plec's, who's been on this the whole time. Some people are bad at answering all the questions, or at trying everything suggested, or they just plain give up wasting everyone's time. So give yourself a pat on the back too.

Soldato
No worries - always a relief to visit hell and only come back with singed eyebrows.

As, Danny mentioned, you knuckled down and got on with it and trusted/followed what members advised, which makes a big difference when troubleshooting a system virtually.

Plus, you did your own research, to help fill in any knowledge gaps - I wish more members would use a bit of initiative before posting. This sped up what was always going to be a slow arduous process, by default, as receiving a new faulty CPU is rare.

Enjoy your new baby/creation - as it seems like it's been a long, painful labour for you - and you did make it. I suspect there's part of your DNA on each component it the form of: blood, sweat and tears.

*You can now tell your wife you know 'exactly' how it feel to have a baby. Go on, i dare you!

Associate
OP
No worries - always a relief to visit hell and only come back with singed eyebrows.

As, Danny mentioned, you knuckled down and got on with it and trusted/followed what members advised, which makes a big difference when troubleshooting a system virtually.

Plus, you did your own research, to help fill in any knowledge gaps - I wish more members would use a bit of initiative before posting. This sped up what was always going to be a slow arduous process, by default, as receiving a new faulty CPU is rare.

Enjoy your new baby/creation - as it seems like it's been a long, painful labour for you - and you did make it. I suspect there's part of your DNA on each component it the form of: blood, sweat and tears.

*You can now tell your wife you know 'exactly' how it feel to have a baby. Go on, i dare you!

Tried sending you a priv messge wont allow me. Can you send me a message please!

Soldato
Tried sending you a priv messge wont allow me. Can you send me a message please!
You need to configure/enable your trust (enable it) for me to do that. But once you have done this you'll be able to send me an email by clicking on my trust button.

*Do you need to find new digs after telling your wife that you know how it feels to have a baby?

Back
Top Bottom