Branded?

Soldato
At a party last night I picked up a spoon which had been in a camp fire for hours. It had a small flower engraved into the bit I picked up, and burned into my thumb. Is it possible/likely that I have been permanently branded?

It's quite small and when the dead skin next to it heals/falls off/whatever happens to burns it'll probably look quite cool, so I'm not worried about it, I just want to know if it is going to go or not. :)

Soldato
Fraggr said:
At a party last night I picked up a spoon which had been in a camp fire for hours. It had a small flower engraved into the bit I picked up, and burned into my thumb. Is it possible/likely that I have been permanently branded?

It's quite small and when the dead skin next to it heals/falls off/whatever happens to burns it'll probably look quite cool, so I'm not worried about it, I just want to know if it is going to go or not. :)

It will swell up like any other burn. If it scars, it will look like a splodge.

Permabanned
Biohazard said:
Who the **** would know that one? :confused:

Me ;)

It all depends how long it was in the fire, what metal the spoon was, how hot the fire was, where it touched you, how long it touched you for, how hard it was pressed into your skin and so forth.

I have about half a dozen brands, both DIY and done by a professional and (to be perfectly honest), I keep forgetting I have them...even though one is on the back of my left hand.

*n

Soldato
OP
penski said:
Me ;)

It all depends how long it was in the fire, what metal the spoon was, how hot the fire was, where it touched you, how long it touched you for, how hard it was pressed into your skin and so forth.

I have about half a dozen brands, both DIY and done by a professional and (to be perfectly honest), I keep forgetting I have them...even though one is on the back of my left hand.

*n

It was in the fire for at least 2 hours, no idea what metal it was, it was a fire made of wood so however hot they are, I held it like I was picking up a spoon to throw it (I threw it quicker than I expected), and it was pressed quite hard.

I've got used to it now, I quite like it. :o

k3v

k3v

Associate
reminds me of when I was at a party, walked into the kitchen to a flaming sambuca inna shot glass, the gits didn't tell me it had been lit for a while, I put the palm of my hand on it to do the shaking around thing with it sucked on, then realised it was rather hot. left me a perfect circle which stayed for months. much longer than the bruise on the arm I gave my mate

Lew

Lew

Associate
My brother tried to do a Smiley face on my hand when I was about ten (thanks bro :rolleyes: . He heated up a clipper lighter turned it up side down and planted it in my hand. He cant of heated the round bit long enough as I Just have the two eyes and not the mouth!

Permabanned
Lew said:
My brother tried to do a Smiley face on my hand when I was about ten (thanks bro :rolleyes: . He heated up a clipper lighter turned it up side down and planted it in my hand. He cant of heated the round bit long enough as I Just have the two eyes and not the mouth!

I used to have a pair of headphones branded on my ass cheek from a disposable lighter.

*n

Last edited:
Permabanned
cleanbluesky said:
Hmmm. Does Penski have low self-esteem?

Penski has higher self esteem than just about anyone.

This was a cross ten years ago:

brandfw7.jpg

*n

Back
Top Bottom