1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brawl Stars

Discussion in 'Mobile and Tablet Games' started by No1newts, Dec 13, 2018.

1. No1newts

Capodecina

Anyone tried it?

Made by the makers of Clash of Clans, I think it's a blinking awesome game for a mobile. Would highly recommend.

2. Egon

Soldato

Yep, there's a club up and running. OcUK.
    Does seem a very good game so far :)

3. jsmoke

Sgarrista

Played 5 mins, quite arcade like. Ok at first.

4. No1newts

Capodecina

Can you apply for groups?

5. Egon

Soldato

Yeah, I found it through a search. Can't remember where I went though. Might have been through the chat button.

6. timmeh

Mobster

Yeah through the chat. I've joined the OCUK group

7. timmeh

Mobster

Nita is the best in the showdowns. Once you get a few powerups her bear is practically unstoppable.

8. No1newts

Capodecina

I really like the original character, enjoy her balance between range and the (relatively) big hit ultimate move.

9. No1newts

Capodecina

The changes (overnight I'm guessing) are pretty harsh for levelling up the star progress.

A loss before was -2/3 stars it not -5/6/7 and the win rate is still only -5/6/7 so unless you are constantly winning you stand still and it's actually easier to go down.

Weird update.

Edit: slight correction, that's at the higher levels but still a strange one as puts a huge handbrake on further progress. Makes the solo mode a weird game of hide and seek as everyone wants to be too 4 so as not to lose points :p

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  10. mrbell1984

Capodecina

257 trophies so far, climbing fast.

11. horrorwood

Wise Guy

If anyone wants promoting (no idea what it does) then let me know! It seems pretty fun, but to be honest I am not 100% sure I'll stick with it.

It is frustrating like others have said when your team mate runs in whilst carrying a bunch of gems.

12. Egon

Soldato

which is why we should play more together I guess. With a the right mix of characters from the 'club'

13. Sega Mega Dave

Mobster

Solo with bull is so much fun. Collect creates early on then blow up the lightweights. Save your dash for end game then use it when 1v1. Hit 800 trophies now.

14. Egon

Soldato

I do the same with Primo. I prefer his super to bull's.

Currently enjoying playing as Poco on gem grab too.

(inGame name: Daz)

15. No1newts

Capodecina

Just noticed tonight how bad the lag is, never noticed before today but it's been especially harsh today.

16. No1newts

Capodecina

Up to nearly 900 trophies, I mostly play solo as I hate relying on others :p

In the OcUK group though so if you do see me online just add me to a group

17. MissChief

Capodecina

Just played a round and the other team had 19 gems and we had none. Thought they’d be sensible and hide. But no, killed their Shelley with my Shelley Super and, wait, what’s this? She had ALL nineteen gems and was practically on top of our spawn. Picked up all nineteen and hid for my life!

18. [YG]Bug-Eyed

Gangster

Seems a fun little game! Just installed today and applied to the club as I game name Isenduil, if you could accept please

19. timmeh

Mobster

I've deleted it this morning. I just had a game and the lag was just daft. I'd run and then get dragged back, constantly stop running with the connection error flashing up then it comes back and I'm dead.

I'm on wifi @ over 100mb and this is the only game I have issues with so it's not something on my end. Maybe I'll come back to it when the demand has died down somewhat because it was good fun when it worked.

20. No1newts

Capodecina

I'm really enjoying, twice over had killer lag but I'm finding it pretty stable in general. Pushing toward 2k trophies now, trying to get Brock to rank 10 then work on the wrestler guy.