Breakdown cover covering the person for all owned vehicles?

Soldato
Looking at breakdown/recovery policies. Is there a company who will cover the person named on the document for all their owned vehicles, not just cars? I have two cars and two performance bikes. I know there are companies who will cover the individual person for cars but does anyone know offhand if there's anywhere that will cover cars and bikes?

Ta.

Soldato
Autoaid do this. I used to use them before I got it through my work. You have to pay initially and claim it back but you can get it to cover any vehicle you are using (not even own) including motorbikes.

I had to use them 3/4 times over the years and never had any issues. they are also cheaper than the competitors for the level of cover you get.

Soldato
I use nationwide flexplus account it comes with:
*Worldwide travel and mobile insurance for you and your family
*UK and European breakdown cover, For your vehicle and any that you’re travelling in. With no excess to pay and unlimited callouts. Vehicles need to be registered in the UK, taxed and serviced, and have a valid MOT.
It costs £13 a month, I never needed, so can't actually says how good or not they are but it even cover vehicles that are not yours but you are in it.

The cover is underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company Limited

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/current-accounts/flexplus/breakdown-cover/

It is the only reason I still have the nationwide current account.

Last edited:
Soldato
RAC and AA do personal cover for a designated person in any* vehicle. I use this to cover our cars and bikes, using the usual cash back sites can usually get a good deal. I paid about £60 for me and my mrs (car/van + 2 bikes each).

*usually excludes trucks, buses.

Soldato
Autoaid do this. I used to use them before I got it through my work. You have to pay initially and claim it back but you can get it to cover any vehicle you are using (not even own) including motorbikes.

I had to use them 3/4 times over the years and never had any issues. they are also cheaper than the competitors for the level of cover you get.

Yeah, was gonna suggest Autoaid too for similar reasons.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, coincidentally my RAC renewal came in today for one of my bikes so I'm going to call them and see if they can change it over to a policy covering the person and all my vehicles rather than the cars/bikes themselves. If I don't like what they suggest I'll try one of the other suggestions you guys have made. Perfect!! Thanks all :cool:

Soldato
I know the NatWest and nationwide breakdown covers cover my car's and vans. Never had a problem with either.

£13 a month from nationwide, covers phone insurance, holiday insurance and breakdown cover for me and the family.

Soldato
We are a two car household but soon to be 3. I think we are going to need car cover on the basis that 4 people will be driving them. I would think this would work out the most cost effective?

Soldato
OP
We are a two car household but soon to be 3. I think we are going to need car cover on the basis that 4 people will be driving them. I would think this would work out the most cost effective?

The only thing to be wary of is that a lot of these policies covering the 'person' do not cover the vehicle if that 'person' is not physically in the vehicle at the point of breakdown. I'm not sure if you can add another named person to the policy though, be worth checking.

Back
Top Bottom