Breaking Bad Movie - "El Camino"

Soldato
Did a search, can't find a BB movie thread, only one of the TV show.

I'd heard rumours but no confirmations that they'd made a movie, however a few comments by Bob Odenkirk here basically say it's done.

“I’ve heard so many different things about it, but I am excited about the Breaking Bad movie. I can’t wait to see it…I don’t know what people know and don’t know. I find it hard to believe you don’t know it was shot. They did it. You know what I mean? How is that a secret? But it is. They’ve done an amazing job of keeping it a secret.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/odenkirk-talks-breaking-bad-movie-secrecy/

Not sure what I think about a movie, i thought the series ended well, just hope they do something good with it.

Better Call Saul was a bit limp, powered through to S3 while in bed ill a few months ago and can't stomach going back for more.

Edit. Added trailer.

Last edited:
Soldato
not sure what the point would be, the series did everything and wrapped it all up.
only thing I don't like about BCS is the price of the box sets :(

Associate
I thought Breaking Bad - The Movie was just this:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/on-dema...ovie-perfect-anyone-cant-bothered-watch-show/

Bluffers, rejoice: an anonymous editor on Vimeo has boiled the entire show down to a sleek feature-length film. In just over two hours, you can follow the rise and fall of science teacher turned drugs kingpin Walter White (Bryan Cranston), from the cancer diagnosis that turns his life upside down to the bitter denouement of his tragic arc.

The filmmaker calls it “a study project that became an all-consuming passion,” adding that the process took "two years of sleepless nights of endless editing”.

I remember it doing the rounds a while ago.

Soldato
I grabbed Season 2, season 3 and the final season on Blu-ray from Poundland for a quid each. They still have some in stock at a few of the stores, but the price has gone up significantly - Blu-rays are now £2 a pop.
i got 1 ~ 3 of breaking bad, picked up the rest on Amazon etc for decent prices. BCS 1 was too, 2 & 3 were about 2x the price and 4 is about £25 :-/

Man of Honour
I'd definitely watch this but there was a lot of navel gazing in BCS... watching Mike drive around and around was tedious! Perhaps the movie format will force them to focus.

Soldato
Looking forward to this, I love Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, this should hopefully be of the same quality.

Trailers out now, looks like its gonna be about the investigation to catch Jesse.

Back
Top Bottom