*breaking news* Boston Marathon explosions

Soldato
Looting scum after the event :mad:

http://www.********.com/view?i=4d6_1366073888

Are they looting though?

They could be people already authorised to get the shirts for those that would not otherwise be able too.
If you look at 00:07 you can see organisers opening and distributing boxes about for ppl to get the shirts from??

I doubt all will go where they need, but lets hope some are destined for those injured and not ebay.

Associate
Looting scum after the event :mad:

http://www.********.com/view?i=4d6_1366073888

damn ... all those people looting? - jackets? - geez ... hope no one buys em on ebay and they have to sit in those peoples homes so the people will remember while people are bloodied on the street that have a jacket to show for it that they stole.

Soldato
Yeah well, as previously said,they could have been grabbing them to cover the injured or for some other innocent reason. Doesnt seem to be an obvious conclusion to go looting free jackets after two bombs have gone off.

Im with the other posters on this who said they feel outraged by it, especially as you get older. But as that video is from ********s (about 50% of the commenters on there are bigotted icke type conspiracy nutjobs), ive seen lots of syria videos on their that promote equal amounts of anger in me - to the point I actually had to stop watching.

At least with the Boston bombings theres a chance of the perpetrators being brought to justice. I hope they are, and I hope they resist arrest.

Caporegime
damn ... all those people looting? - jackets? - geez ... hope no one buys em on ebay and they have to sit in those peoples homes so the people will remember while people are bloodied on the street that have a jacket to show for it that they stole.

Some medals already going for $100+ last time I looked, acctually disgusting! Shocking mental behaviour!

Scum.

Don
Some medals already going for $100+ last time I looked, acctually disgusting! Shocking mental behaviour!

Scum.

Some of the medals were already up before the blast attack; It's not the issue of people selling their medals, but surely it's the issue of people buying them and bidding them to such high values?

Soldato
*checks thread for actual news updates on story*
*leaves because it's still full of children arguing*

Give it a rest lads, we want developments on the story!

Ever thought of using a news website?

Haha good one, I'll bite. Yes I use various news websites, but you can't discuss development of the story there. Here we can accumulate various sources and new information, but instead people decide to just bicker over other topics.

News sites also don't give you a very good mix of opinions, whereas 50% you get informative and interesting opinions on here..

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha good one, I'll bite. Yes I use various news websites, but you can't discuss development of the story there. Here we can accumulate various sources and new information, but instead people decide to just bicker over other topics.

News sites also don't give you a very good mix of opinions, whereas 50% you get informative and interesting opinions on here..

I guess thats the wonderful thing about an opinion.

Everyones is different. I will agree though this has gone mildly off topic over the last few pages.

Caporegime
Just seen some awful photos on live leaks (worse than what we have seen so far especially with the guy who has no legs now) :(, actually made me feel sick.

Unbelievable that people just stood there taking photos of them rather than helping, oh and looting, wow just wow.............

Those people should be shot.

Last edited:
Soldato
My american cousin and his girlfriend live 2 miles from where the explosion was. His girlfriend works just next to where the bomb went off.

Thankfully both are absolutely fine.

A tragic event. Without having read the thread, is it true about the chap who was going to propose to his girlfriend at the end of the race, and she was one of the fatalities? If so I truly feel for that man and ofcourse for anyone else involved for that matter.

Soldato
Doctor says it looks like metal in victims legs is like ball bearing in appearance.

http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-metal-boston-bomb-victim-leg-bbs-121418810.html

To me, going on what has been described all ready about having gunpowder.... I'm putting two and two together here and guessing it's a bomb(s) made from shotgun shells/cartridges.

Seperate the powder for the explosive... save the BB's ('shot') for shrapnel, and you get a maiming bomb :(

I know NOTHING about bomb making, this is purely guess work, but shotgun shells I bet are really cheap way to get gun powder and the BB's.

Associate
Can someone put up some details as they come out for this please? (Can't really watch at the moment).

watching some stuff - not much ... they just want peeps to send photos vids to them ...

one guy said they will go frame by frame of every photo video ... says lots of vids of event

-edit I think I heard that 76 are in critical condition atm-

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't have to justify myself to somebody like you - I'm simply pointing out hypocrisy - sorry if I hit a nerve.

I dont see it as hypocrisy. The reason so many people are so angry about this attack and other similar attacks in the western world is, IMO, self preservation.

You or I could have been at that marathon. Anyone on this forum could have been there and had our legs blown to pieces. Thats why people are so shocked, because it could so easily have been them.

They dont really care about the people dying in the middle east because there is zero chance of them walking through a market in baghdad and getting blown up.

'It could have been me'...thats why people are far more concerned about attacks in the west.

Soldato
3 People dead are victims not suspects.
No one in custody.
Not sure of the blasts came from trash cans.
No comment on type of bomb.
Want videos and pictures sent nearer the time of the event the better.
No suspects currently.

Don
Few bits and pieces:

Governor Patrick says more than 150 people were injured, some of the "gravely".

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick says the two bombs that exploded were the only ones found, contrary to earlier reports police had discovered and dismantled unexploded devices.

Mr DesLauriers: No new threats.

An official with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives denies police had found seven explosive devices. The only bombs were the two that exploded, he says. He believes rumours begin as police dealt with suspicious packages.

Back
Top Bottom