Breast or thigh, which part of the chicken do you like best?

Soldato
I use thighs most often to cook with but also love wings and legs.

Never understood why the breast is the most expensive part of the chicken, it's just meh.

Soldato
Nandos boneless thighs hnnnnnng
Never understood Nandos, but that's another thread. I just had a great homemade salad for lunch for which I got took some boneless thighs, spread some balti curry paste and grilled under high heat for 7-8mins each side. Easiest thing in the world. Chopped them up and chucked them in a salad with couscous, general salady stuff and ranch dressing. Lush.

Man of Honour
when nandos first came out I thought they were pretty good, I don't know if the qauity was better or I was neive back then, but not a fan of the actual chicken these days, don't understand how some rave so much about it.
However their piri piri sauce is pretty darn taste and their extra hot is a staple in my cupboard. just wish it was cheaper and in 1 litre bottles. Tesco has 125ml for £1 atm, which is cheap for it, but still only last 1 to 2 meals.

Soldato
I don't even understand the love for their sauces. It tastes chemical-y to me. On the flipside I love the wahaca-style habanero hot sauce. Now that has some nice flavour. (And yes, it is not *that* hot). M&S actually do their own version which is passable.

Man of Honour
I don't even understand the love for their sauces. It tastes chemical-y to me. On the flipside I love the wahaca-style habanero hot sauce. Now that has some nice flavour. (And yes, it is not *that* hot). M&S actually do their own version which is passable.
I don't see how there's nothing chemically about it or in it, in fact its a pretty good list of ingredients and isn't even full of sugar like a lot of sauces.

Soldato
am i the only one who has never had a cheeky nandos

I went once (not by choice). You're not missing out. Just make the meal at home cheaper and use some of their sauce if you want that taste. Will be much, much better.

I don't understand people who can't eat meat off the bone. Just don't eat meat if it bothers you so much. Most animals have pretty large bones, they're not like trying to de-bone an anchovy. But the thigh is the best part for me.

Soldato
Chicken breast is my favourite, few of the local pubs have started doing some very nice chicken options and for the money it's way too much food imo.

am i the only one who has never had a cheeky nandos

Your missing nothing, went once and it's more like a mcd than a restaurant in that you have to get up and order yourself. The food didn't live up-to the hype at all, Felt like I'd had my trousers down when the bill came.

Soldato
breast for sure. i cooked a whole chicken on saturday (something i've done numerous times) and what a bloody hassle it is
tried my best to carve it but never get any better at it
you get a few good bits from the breast then trying to pick any other good meat, ughpffff just end up with all sorts of gristle and stuff
will just stick with buying breasts for another good while

Man of Honour
breast for sure. i cooked a whole chicken on saturday (something i've done numerous times) and what a bloody hassle it is
tried my best to carve it but never get any better at it
you get a few good bits from the breast then trying to pick any other good meat, ughpffff just end up with all sorts of gristle and stuff
will just stick with buying breasts for another good while

Look into ballotine. Bit of faff the first few times but once you get the hang of it it's pretty awesome and not much hassle.

Caporegime
when nandos first came out I thought they were pretty good, I don't know if the qauity was better or I was neive back then, but not a fan of the actual chicken these days, don't understand how some rave so much about it.
However their piri piri sauce is pretty darn taste and their extra hot is a staple in my cupboard. just wish it was cheaper and in 1 litre bottles. Tesco has 125ml for £1 atm, which is cheap for it, but still only last 1 to 2 meals.

Make your own, so much cheaper and IMO better. So simple too. Takes me about 10-15 minutes to make a peri peri sauce.

Back
Top Bottom