1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. doodah

Capodecina

This car crash seems to feel slower and slower.

2. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

And there is no option to change the channel*

Why does reality keep wrecking all the pro Brexit fantasies and lies?

* Did you see what I did there?

3. Greebo

Caporegime

What a stupid, childish letter from Mark Francois.

4. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

He probably has to do things like this to look extra patriotic to the rest of the ERG and stop them bullying him and taking his lunch money for having a foreign name. (Mark) Gino Francois, Free Nation of Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves! Britons never, never, never shall be slaves.

5. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Sums it up nicely:

6. StriderX

Caporegime

I honestly wouldn't mind a CANZUK agreement in principle, but I don't really see the other countries going for it any time soon.

7. doodah

Capodecina

The original Brexit pledges document popped up on my Youtube feed. Broken record but most of those 10 pledges look so far beyond ridiculous, it hurts...

8. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

Why does no one ever seem to report positive news about Brexit or firm detail about the glorious future that is now ours? After all, our government still seems fanatically committed to it...

9. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

You are meant to have forgotten all that, you just need to be positive about the glorious new world, and it will magically appear.

10. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

No, now is the time of betrayal. Those bleeding heart remainers stole our brexit wonderland from us. The EU diktat ruined our independence by not giving us the deal(s) we wanted.

Etc. Etc.

The unwashed masses are most malleable when they are angry, so politicians will continue to drive whatever narrative that keeps them that way.

11. garnett

Soldato

Gove at it again...

How low to bring in his family so readily, and all based on a lie.

What does it say about a person when they choose to follow this bloke?

12. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

13. Murphy

Mobster

Maybe when talking to people who have their business destroyed by Brexit he should lead with that, I'm sure they'll appreciate it and be totally understanding.

14. JeditOjanen

Soldato

Actually immigration is up. It's only EU immigration that's down. So even the racists can't be happy, because they have voted to replace white immigrants with non-white immigrants and a side order of Islam.

15. joey1211

Mobster

This guy'll be over the mooooooon!

16. bobuk

Gangster

17. sigma

Suspended

18. Hagar

Sgarrista

I have said before in this thread that although I am pleased to be leaving the EU, it had little to do with immigration and I have also stated that we should welcome the HK Chinese to whom we have an obligation and for them to escape from the CCP if they wish. It is to be hoped that all Chinese people can remove the

I may be unique in this combination but I restate my support for Hong Kong.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  19. sigma

Suspended

You are one person though. Most of the research I’ve seen (happy to see more though, as it’s been a while since I looked) shows immigration being the main reason or at least the second reason.

20. Greebo

Caporegime

this. It has always been immigration 1st and Sovereignty 2nd. And immigration was really high with 39% of leave voters stating in was their first reason and 31% saying it was the second most important reason they voted for leave and 27% stated it was the third most important reason. Thats 97% of leave voters going to be disappointed.