1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hagar

Sgarrista

Yes, but we are still leaving and if the voters do not like the immigration policy they can vote Boris out at the next election.
    But we also pee off the CCP which is a bonus.

2. Greebo

Caporegime

They can indeed in 4 years time. Still doesnt stop 97% of them being disappointed though does it? Plus once they are here, a future government isnt going to kick them out are they?

3. sigma

Suspended

I think you’re missing the point here. You’re glossing over the fact that people aren’t given what they were promised.

‘Politicians never deliver on their promises’ I hear you say. Well, tell me why the negative outcomes of Brexit are worth it if the main reasons for voting out aren’t going to be delivered.

Don’t we want a trade deal with China?

4. Hagar

Sgarrista

No what was promised was ending free movement. Immigration policy to be set at Westminster. That will happen, whether you think it's good or bad depends on your outlook but ending immigration was never promised.

5. Greebo

Caporegime

Subtle difference but that wasnt how it was sold to the general public hence you have examples like that man from Barnsley who voted to reduce immigration from Africa, Arab states, India etc.

And as for illegal immigration, that seems to be getting worse by the day and come 1st January will be even worse if the EU just let them all leave their and its our problem when they land.

Ye another reason we should have taken the 2 year extension in order to recruit and train 10,000s of immigration officers and built a fleet and intercept boats.

6. sigma

Suspended

I know, the irony is that we’ll end up with more immigrants from non-EU places and even fewer cultural similarities. I really don’t think this is what most people are expecting.

Farage standing in front of that poster was absolutely not about reducing the number of Polish people living here. That’s just one example.

7. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

Hole blown in immigration - BoZo just offered 3 million Hong Kongers citizenship. They can all come here.

8. sigma

Suspended

With us not being in the EU I do wonder if France will spend fewer resources preventing people illegally entering via the Chunnel?

9. Hagar

Sgarrista

The man on the street in Barnsley might have a point, I don't live in Barnsley. As for what the EU may do with its immigration policy that is for them to decide.

10. sigma

Suspended

What point might he have?

11. Greebo

Caporegime

Course they will. Wouldnt you? If you stop them then they are just stuck in France. Much better to let them go to the UK.

12. Greebo

Caporegime

That a lot of British people who voted leave are racist clearly.

13. sigma

Suspended

Well we’ve just opened the door to millions of people from Hk. I wonder how that guy feels about that?

lol

14. Hagar

Sgarrista

As you have stated in an earlier post he was obviously mistaken. Leaving the EU was never going to stop immigration from outside the EU directly. Having an immigration policy made within the UK may lead to a reduction in time. As for the number of racists in either camp there were probably quite a few in each.

15. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Classic brexiter speak.

16. malachi

Capodecina

Well if the Brexiteers are concerned about loosing their jobs to immigrants then they are going to be in for a shock when the Chinese are over here.

The Chinese are know for being very clever, therefore going to be very employable over the average Brit who spent all their lives working in factories and minimum wage jobs. Perhaps they will speed up automation with all them Chinese engineers and programmers landing in the UK.

17. Hagar

Sgarrista

Yes I agree it would be good for the UK if we do get some of their engineers and programmers, professional people and families willing to travel to the west.

18. D.P.

Caporegime

So why block the engineers and programmers from the EU?
    You do realise a majority of EU immigrants are skilled, which is why they have a much higher average salary than British born workers.

19. garnett

Soldato

Nice and clear manifestation of Brexiteer projection at work.

20. Hagar

Sgarrista

They are not blocked, they just need to apply to stay in future. As all other nationalities do.