1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Hagar

Sgarrista

Well done, you are back on ignore again.

2. garnett

Soldato

They really do need the comfort of their echo chambers, don't they?

Heaven forbid that they might see or hear something that threatens that rickety worldview and forces them to confront their fallacious thinking.

3. McstylisT

Mobster

I see the class of posting is reaching new levels in these Canyons lol.

Very rude and silly childish untrue comments. Neither is or has been proved true.

There will be no extension, no amendment and we will more likely leave on a WTO.
    This is just the beginning.
    The Country has been given away to far to many people for abroad. Everything we’ve built was given to others. In some cases very unfairly. Normal people and the vast majority were watching in disbelief as the Country changed under mass immigration. The people and majority now have a voice. We don’t want this, we never ever did. It’s ours and shouldn’t be given out for free. We have to look after our own first, so our future and children’s future is bright. It is not our responsibility to solve the world and give other Countries Citezens our education. This must and will be reduced in time.
    Of course all economy’s need immigration. Nobody has ever disputed that. But it will be selective and the best few get access. You know what, they will value it. Respect it and adapt to it. Because they value the opportunity. The rest can take the opportunity their own Countries offer them. It’s not our main concern any more.

This isn’t racist, is isn’t nasty. I wish them well and respect them. But it’s about setting a structure on what to build on. It’s taken this long to undo all the disgusting and despicable things Labour with Blair and Brown did. We must never make those mistakes again.

I don’t think we ....will. Happy WTO brexit everyone

4. malachi

Capodecina

Every government over the past few years, has sold off everything what made the UK worthwhile. Just for their own short term and financial gain while they were in power. Money always talks and the average Joe is not heard, Brexit will not fix that issue.

5. doodah

Capodecina

Labour had their issues but you have bet on the wrong horse if you think the Tories won't strip this country down to its core.

6. cheesyboy

Capodecina

Well, Labour did invest billions in both education and healthcare infrastructure, as well as huge investment in youth services, family tax credits and other anti-poverty measures etc. That we've seen it substantially reversed during Tory/Tory-lead governments over the past decade shouldn't bury what came before.

7. Mr C

Hitman

Can someone decipher this nonsense? I think McstylisT might have had a brain haemorrhage or something. Rambling of this kind shouldn't even be allowed in SC.

At least provide some level of evidence or basis for what you have just written. Who are these "far to many people for abroad"? What have "we built and given to others"? How were these cases unfair?

Define "Normal people and the vast majority". Is their evidence of this "disbelief"?

Is our immigration "mass"? Or have you invented rhetoric without any statistical basis, what is our immigration relative to other countries? Explain how since the brexit vote net immigration has barely changed yet there has been a shift from EU to NON-EU immigration of a similar factor, how does the brexit vote (a WTO brexit) help this case?

Who are "we" who didn't want what? What is yours and shouldn't be given out for free?

What other countries are we giving their "citezens education"? If that is how you spell citizens i don't think other countries want an education similar to yours.

8. McstylisT

Mobster

Oh please. We are past those stages. You talk about evidence. As you were told many times the way this Country has moved was not what anyone except the ideological types wanted.

You can believe whatever you want to tell yourself if it makes you feel better. But the current ideology has been outright rejected.
    We are in this position and at this stage because when given the chance the people spoke publicly to give this government the platform to implement structures on what they wanted for the Country. It’s simple and it’s only the beginning.

I think it’s time to realise you were all wrong, it’s time to become brexiteers. ;)

Apologise for my fat thumbs I’m pretty awful on the iPhone and it’s autocorrect.

9. Washout

Wise Guy

Absolute backward drivel. This country is lost.

10. McstylisT

Mobster

I agree here, I don’t think it will “fix” the issue either. In a permanent way of speaking. But it will go a long way to laying foundations for the future.

It shifts doesn’t it. When Blair got into power there was a massive change. With mass immigration, left wing indoctrination in the education system and left wing views on people coming to live, learn and interact with the UK.

Now that has gone the complete other direction, we must expect things to change towards to firm right side of managing. With more restrictions, less international integration and more patriotism. Logically that is what will happen. Until god forbid, Labour actually win a vote when it matters.

11. joey1211

Mobster

12. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

What exactly is the ideology that you think has been "outright rejected" and how was this outright rejection demonstrated? Are you talking about securing less than 52% of the vote back in 2016?

As I've said many times, I will switch to being a Brexiter once it is demonstrated that leaving the EU is better for the UK than our remaining in it. So far the promises of there being money saved, easy deals, sunlit uplands and no downsides to Brexit have in no way been delivered.

13. doodah

Capodecina

A few thoughts and predictions by McstylisT from 2016....

So when does our standard of living get better? The economic downturn is cobblers? Factually - it has cost us more money to **** up leaving than 47 years of contributions. Where are our quality trade deals and no 'trading issues exist'? Can you explain your locusts comment?

14. JRS

Capodecina

Translation - I have no evidence to back my position up, it's just 'mah feels'.

One would think after all this time you'd be able to do better than that...but given previous posts from you, perhaps not.

15. Freakbro

Capodecina

I'm actually coming around to the argument that the education system in this country does indeed indoctrinate students to a left wing ideology, as the right whingers on this forum demonstrate quite clearly they had a minimum of interaction with that system, thus avoiding such indoctrination.

16. Hagar

Sgarrista

Quite right, I was educated independently.

17. dim_pwn

Gangster

I was listening to a podcast last night (The Unpersuadables on aCast) which discussed common traits associated with left/right leaning people. It discussed that out of the characteristics/genes analysed.. both sides had irrationality based in emotion but fear was the overriding core in right leaning people.

This would often be amplified by the type of life a right orientated individual would lead (and i guess that would extend to education). When you look at things like Brexit, this government and of course whats going on across the pond in the states... it seems like an obvious correlation.... but interesting for it to be demonstrable at such a low level.

18. D.P.

Caporegime

So there wont be a change in any immigration then and the entire Brexit rhetoric was purely lies?

19. Hagar

Sgarrista

You should know this by now. People who live and work here already have unchanged rights to stay and work in this country. People from any nation can apply to come and work here under the new rules which will apply after we leave transition.

20. thenewoc

Soldato

Chinese? You mean the BNO's from Hong Kong?