1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. mattyfez

Sgarrista

Give trump a call, you sound like his kind of person. He'll probably put you in a luxury flat.

2. Nasher

Capodecina

It's no use trying to wiggle out of it.

You need to take back the statement, or I'm calling antifa.

3. bayo000

Mobster

How about you work for it? Or is that too much effort and you have nothing to offer to be able to move abroad?

4. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

The latest conspiracy theory from Farage(I had the radio on and he came on) is that the new President of the EU was over and met the Speaker. This is obviously a plot to prevent No Deal or to keep the UK in the EU(according to Farage) against the wishes blah, blah, blah.

Talking of Speakers, the current Deputy Speaker, who is going for the job said today that the place has a drink and drugs problem.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...e-says-parliament-has-drink-and-drugs-problem

5. JRS

Capodecina

I think anyone who saw Gove the other day could tell you that! He looked like he was utterly off his face.

6. Entai

Capo Crimine

And something we don't know ?

7. Rilot

Don

People, please calm down. Thowing accusations around doesn't help anyone.

8. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

Drink, yes. The subsidised bars have often been known for MPs and guests overindulging. Drugs is a new one, to me anyway.

9. Nasher

Capodecina

Exactly. They post racist **** about the USA on a forum and people even come to back them up on it. Try to Owen Jones it, showing double standards and pretent it didn't happen.

10. Rilot

Don

And this is the crux of the matter. I think I've said in this thread before that my wife had someone who works in the same company ask her when she's going back home now that Brexit is happening. She of course replied "at around 17:00 same as usual" because she'd much rather ridicule such views than rise to them.
    Unfortunately, a small minority of people now feel empowered to shun or reject anyone who doesn't fit their British, white, Christian view of the UK. However, they are a MINORITY. I take solice in that.

11. mattyfez

Sgarrista

You suggested a British guy should relocate his family to Poland on the basis he has a Polish wife. Even though they are settled in the UK.

You're a racist.

I could call you a few other things too but I'm not an unthinking troll like yourself.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

Did you not say that?

13. Nasher

Capodecina

And now the rest of it...

Or is context not a thing in here?

14. chroniclard

Capodecina

Not sure the rest of it really justifies anything.

15. Entai

Capo Crimine

Exactly there is zero context that would make saying "They could go home" justifiable

16. Nasher

Capodecina

Well if we are just going to make out of context and edited quotes...

Lets see..

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019 at 9:51 PM
  17. RedvGreen

Mobster

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

18. garnett

Mobster

Spot on.

So miserable to see the emboldenment of bigotry along with the peacocking of ignorance.
    I can concur. In a similar vein a relative was saying to me last week how she's refusing to fill out the forms for the right to remain. She feels like the UK is her home. She's lived here for 15 years and taught hundreds of UK children in the school where she works. She feels like it's an insult to be made to fill out forms asking for permission to stay.

19. purplesky

Gangster

Internet forums in 2019... diseased, vile, gutter trash places. I think a lot of people need to check their post count and evaluate their life as a whole. 99% of what I read now is low value, worthless crap.

20. Rroff

Man of Honour

LOL LOL LOL "EU heading for no-deal Brexit by mistake" - nice trying to turn it around on the EU.