1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

Not sure somebody tweeting a story two years later qualifies as "as if on que"

2. Murphy

Mobster

Yes, Algeria, Greenland, and Saint Barthélemy.
    And i never claimed you did.

3. Doobedoo

Wise Guy

People are not obligated to give an explanation they have the right to keep that to themselves.

But I personally think it’s more than just one reason, I think it’s more that over many years they have grown more and more fed up with the political class and there constant lies and incompetence.

To me Russell Brand hits the nail on the head just substitute not voting for voting leave.

4. VincentHanna

Capodecina

Perfectly valid reasons I guess....but we've ended up with the biggest liar of all time as Prime Minister, as a result....

A man who stood outside 10 Downing Street at the start of the week and said "I don't want an election" and is now calling the opposition cowards for not agreeing to one.

A man who claims to us/parliament that he need "no deal" on the table to get a good deal, but secretly briefed his cabinet that he is unlikely to get a deal and hasn't even bothered to re-form the negotiating team to go back to Brussels for talks.

A man who continued to publicly deny he would Prorogue parliament for up to 2 weeks after he had already signed off on it in private.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  5. Mr Jack

Capodecina

While this is certainly true in normal life, would you not agree that a standard expectation on a discussion board is that people will explain and defend their position(s)? And, further, that a failure to do so may reasonably be interpreted as an inability to do so?

6. malachi

Sgarrista

No because other countries are not that stupid :p

7. Doobedoo

Wise Guy

The bloke is a clown no two ways about it the fact that he has been thrusted as the face of brexit just shows me that they are doing and have been doing everything they can to stop brexit. They don’t want it mark my words, they never wanted it hence the last three years of divide and conquer tactics we have seen and new levels of political incompetence.

8. Tony Edwards

Mobster

The Tories dont want brexit? Boris and his cohort dont want brexit?

It is led by the chief clown because brexit is a joke. A clowns car if you like with bits falling off ever second sadly without comical effect.

9. Greebo

Caporegime

Disagree. BJ and the current people in power definitely do want Brexit but they want the worst possible kind, a no deal brexit and then they can turn the uk into a low wage, low regulations, low welfare, low tax state and they are currently doing everything including every dirty trick in the book to pull it off. The difficulty because what they want they know is going to really hurt people, is to pull it off but manage to blame somebody else for doing it. They are running out of scapegoats. Neither the EU or Labour are willing to play their game,

10. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Is may better than bj?

11. doodah

Capodecina

Yes because Boris is willing to go further than her with some buffoonery on top. However both are still terrible in a lose lose situation.

12. GordyR

Soldato

:confused:

Brexit was bought and paid for by predominantly hard-right millionaires and billionaires, for the benefit of hard-right millionaires and billionaires.

Why would you be of the opinion that a group of people who stand to benefit so greatly from us leaving without a deal (at the expense of the rest of us), don't actually want to?

Brexit is not a working man's revolt, it's a rich mans playground; bought with propaganda.

13. Caracus2k

Soldato

Risible nonsence....

The EU wouldn't leave things 'the same as it is now'.

They would be looking to change the position of the UK in the EU permanently and to the UK's significant detriment.

And just because remain doesn't have a large contingent of noisy street protestors (some who seem to be the usual rent a mob protest against anything the tories do types) doesn't mean there would not be significant consequences for the Tories, Labour and Parliament in general if politicians connive their way out of the referendum result.

14. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

As a politican no, as a human pretty much
    She is more authoritarian though, Boris is actually pretty liberal and non authoritarian even if thats not how hes currently acting

15. Thecaferacer

Hitman

What have Labour and the Lib Dems got to lose unless they are likely to lose seats? And if that's case then both parties have serious existential problems that they need to address.

If an election was called it would be the first time in my lifetime that the results would genuinely be up in the air, and all the more exciting for it.

16. Doobedoo

Wise Guy

I have a different view and perhaps you have fallen into the trap of believing on face value what a politician says.

It seems Boris is rather more conflicted.

I would say this is a more accurate representation.

If you didn’t want Brexit you would have people like May and Bojo to front it up rather than someone like Farage who has been pretty consistent in his stance.

17. GordyR

Soldato

Everybody knows that Boris actually thinks leaving the EU is a stupid idea, he's on record as saying as much on numerous occasions. He's simply doing what he thinks is best for his career, that's all.

But that it no way means he's been put in as PM in order to prevent Brexit. :confused:

18. String

Capodecina

Outer Mongolia?

You have literally no evidence to back that up, have you?

19. StriderX

Capodecina

Ah yes, May... who tried three times to get Brexit done, only failing to do so because the BREXITEERS stopped her.

20. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

What they have to lose is the work they have put in to stop "no deal" Brexit.

There is no doubt an election is coming, it will be done before the end of Nov, the real question is exactly when. Well thats down to Boris right now, he just needs to get in into law so he gets the support of the house to have an election.

Anyone calling it now is being silly, there are a lot of interactions that will move the polls a lot.
    #1, is the Tory position going to be for a deal, or for no deal now. I can't see how they are going to get away with claiming its both like they have been. Farage isn't going to go away, and if he thinks they are going for a deal he is going to push for his own MPs.

Are we going to have the party conferences? If we do get an election soon they may be cancelled. The Labour one could be interesting, expectations are for a more clear remain position to come out of conference, just like it moved last year at conference.