1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. bayo000

Mobster

Only as much as brexiteers did during that time. Now that it seems like you finally "won" the onus is on you to make it work and bring people and country back together. Rather than gloating.

2. Concrete

Wise Guy

I`m actually quite upbeat this morning.

Transfered the last of my assets out of the uk with good exchange rates.

Now I can sit back and watch as the Tories disintegrate the UK, implode the economy over the next 5 to 10 years and then buy back in once the dust has settled and England is scrabbling to rejoin the EU.

History repeating. Going to suck horribly for anyone working class, working in manufacturing or with a mortage taken out in the last 5 years but they did it to themselves.

3. Jonny2284

Wise Guy

Fine, let's crack on with it.

Boris with a majority has no excuses to not deliver everything he was promising at the referendum now. All that's still coming to pass right, all those positives without any negatives?

4. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

People get the Govt they deserve.

5. FoxEye

Capodecina

I don't want to be here. I really don't. Only family keeps me here.

I dislike the people of this country immensely. There's a reason we're largely distrusted by, well, everyone else in the world... We're insular, selfish, short-sighted, bigoted, intolerant, spiteful, daft and destructive. We think only in terms of our own self-interest and we have a MASSIVELY over inflated opinion of our own importance on the world stage.

6. Shocky-FM

Mobster

Considering all the flack I get on social media and even on here when I have posted about Brexit I don't feel any sympathy for remain voters, mostly just anger if I'm honest, they've got what they deserved.

7. RaohNS

Sgarrista

2016 We told you we wanted to Leave
    2017 We told you we wanted to Leave
    2018 We told you we wanted to Leave
    2019 We told you we wanted to Leave
    At every step this forum called Brexiteers racists, gammon (itself a racial perjorative), thick. What's more the mod team stood by banning their retort word ********* in a gross act of one sidedness.

Brexiteers showing their class? The Twitter storm from far left activists is disgraceful and actually shows beyond any doubt the "kinder gentler politics" of the left are bought but a Nietzschean expression of opposite meaning. You posters (and mods) were the racists and bigots all the same. But do continue with your failed "racist" mantra.

Sit down and reflect. Something a lot of people I know have been doing. This place has lurched away from what it was in its hay day. Mods, you've facilitated a far left lurch in this place (just check the Trump Derangement Thread whose regular posters Yas, doodah, Fairly sure the answer is no, Evan, DP, kyo et all should be seeing some serious psychological therapy).

Four bloody noses over refusal to accept democracy and there might be another in 2020. For the benefit of yourselves, friends, family and community learn some humility and abandon your bigotry.

I doubt I will be returning to this place ("hooray one less racist" the usual suspects shout, "you can bet your life on it" shriek the mods). It's certainly lost its way in the passage of time. Become too much of a one way street here (mods failure).

To some of the older posters over the years even some nemesis posters over the years; wish you all a brighter future even if you continue your path and maybe consider that your view doesn't take top spot in your life or of others.

Good bye

8. CAT-THE-FIFTH

Capodecina

Honestly it sounds like you have been arguing for years over the same things with the same people,so ultimately why didn't you just remove yourself from the argument years ago?? They have their view and you have your view - you could have just used the ignore function,or just looked at some other thread.

This forum is very diverse for a tech forum in terms of its subject material - so much more to this place than the political sub-forums. Political threads tend to be decisive even by the standards of the internet,which is saying something.

If you think this place has mod abuse,you have never seen mod abuse on other forums,let alone the allegations of abuse levelled at the mods and owners of this forum over 10 years ago.

Plus its a forum,not the real world!!

[​IMG]

We all have been caught up in some silly arguments(well I have with tech) and in the end you just wonder why you have wasted that time(LOL).

:p

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  9. Salty22

Hitman

How come just last 5 years?

10. Concrete

Wise Guy

They wont have accrued enough equity to offset the depreciation and will be upside down when applying for a new mortage = a world of pain unfortunately.

11. Jono8

Caporegime

I was referring to his post that implied that this vote showed that the people had spoken and "want a clear through brexit"

This vote does not provide us with evidence that the country as a majority still wants brexit. In actual fact, if you treat it as such, the opposite is true.

12. bayo000

Mobster

then don't get defensive when people think you lack class

13. Jono8

Caporegime

Citation needed.

14. Stretch

Capodecina

This post really just confirms what many people feared Brexit was all about but Brexiteers have consistently claimed it isn't.

15. Skunkworks

Soldato

"eVeRyOnE's cHaNgEd tHiEr miNdS"

Is it dawning on you lot that you're a deluded fanatical fringe yet? That’s a rhetorical question.

Can we expect a news story of someone in an EU flag shouting "Verhofstadt Akbar" and trying to stab people with a Fair Trade avocado?

16. Stretch

Capodecina

Now Boris has his majority, it will be interesting to see who he sells out during the negotiations.

17. Stretch

Capodecina

The election results shows this country still has two large fanatical fringes.

18. FoxEye

Capodecina

Will be hugely interesting to see the casualties of his reshuffle first.

19. Salty22

Hitman

Ahh ok, thank you
    Was worried it would effect me but im at 58% LTV now so hopefully past that point.

20. Cern

Mobster

Oh well it's done, Brexit will now happen. In that sense it's over. But I don't think the matter is resolved politically, far from it. Johnson's so-called 'oven ready deal' is only the Withdrawal Agreement and is just the start of a very long and complicated process. He doesn't have a free trade deal of course and we don't even know if he genuinely wants one if it comes with any strings attached.

The country is still split on Brexit roughly 50-50 and very markedly geographically. Had Remainers had a credible political party to unify behind, or if the UK used Proportional Representation, then Parliament would look very different. Will a credible pro-EU party emerge? Eventually probably yes, but not for now. Brexit is the illness that needs to run its course and sadly this means suffering.

Johnson may have succeeded in mobilising the working class vote to push Brexit through. Unfortunately I fear that most of those persuaded to switch their vote to Conservative to achieve Brexit will pay a very heavy price when Brexit doesn't deliver the change they hope it will and an unfettered Conservative Party have free reign to do what they want. As will the rest of us. But that's where we're at. Everyone will just have to look after themselves and their families as best they can now because we won't have a government who will. Take care.