1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. dowie

Caporegime

You didn’t follow the initial post and now you’re just venting.

2. mikeo

Mobster

Fair enough comment. And something that I do appreciate.

But I still think we should maybe draw a line under the constant bickering that seems to be the diet of choice in this thread. In the name of God, it's heading towards 800 pages!

Time maybe to close this one and start another? And try and move the discussion on, rather than folks just throwing insults around (comment not directed at any one individual).

3. ron3003

Wise Guy

More likely the neighbour's a remainer and was shooting himself ;)

4. krooton

Caporegime

Freedom of speech goes both ways :p

5. Uther

Capodecina

I do think another thread would just carry on the same as this one though unfortunately.

6. Nasher

Capodecina

There was a bunch of antifa fascists, all on cycles with masks on, trying to make trouble at the back of the crowd in London O_o

7. jpaul

Sgarrista

someone scheduling the sony movie channel this evening has a good sense of humour - good film
    haven't seen any further discussion of UK flags being removed from products to be sold into euope.

8. robgmun

Capodecina

Yeah but they couldn't do much, then the police showed up in numbers to shoo them away

9. robgmun

Capodecina

Sure, i was more worried about his mental state, he's much better off not having a meltdown at something he has no control over lol

10. garnett

Soldato

No, no. I followed fine, and it's very funny that you're trying to celebrate a moment when you've made the UK less sovereign than it's been in your lifetime when you set out to achieve the very opposite!

:D:D:D

The smiley faces are to help you with that problem you keep on having interpreting emotion.

Funny man.

11. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Right, now for place your bets for which country leaves the EU next.

I think Hungary is favourite as the EU is pushing compliance with Article 7 and it looks like Orbán is going to tell them to get bent.

France needs to get rid of Macron first, so they’re 2 years away unless the mob strings him up. You won’t see on the MSM, but the French Police and Firefighters are currently fighting in the streets over the extension to the state pension age.

12. garnett

Soldato

Banging?

:D

13. Nasher

Capodecina

They are also trying to force Poland to shut down coal mining and a few other industries over-night, which would have a Thatcher effect (even though Germany is still building coal power stations and they don't say a peep). They aren't to happy about it.

14. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

The Poles are a feisty bunch, particular when it comes to the Boxheads trying to push them around.

15. dowie

Caporegime

I’m not sure you did given the waffle about straw man arguments/dishonesty. Unless you’re just trolling it indicates you simply didn’t understand.

It’s just more venting tbh...

16. Rilot

Don

Poland has one of the highest - if not the highest outright - percentages of people who favour the EU in the EU! Even Hungary is 67% favourable.
    I can't see anyone else leaving any time soon. I've been hearing that the EU is on the brink of collapse for 20 years. It's still here.

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2019/10/14/the-european-union/

17. Nasher

Capodecina

They said the same about the UK. They never thought leave would win.

18. garnett

Soldato

Has anyone got a link to the whole clip of this?

19. Martini1991

Caporegime

Polish are proud to be European and engaging with the EU, that was at least the sense I got when I was in Krakow, what with the EU flags and that....

20. Vern1961

Mobster

Just one thought running through my mind at the moment - What the hell have we (the nation) done?