1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion - The new thread

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Feek, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Sankari

Capodecina

Another Brexit success story!

[​IMG]

#anotherbrexitsuccessstory

2. Bonjour

Sgarrista

Something tells me Mr. Colin Browning may be in for a rather emotionally turbulent future.

3. a1ex2001

Capodecina

anything else though would be to admit that the experts had a point and maybe blindly following the frothing of the daily mail wasn't a good idea.

4. dowie

Caporegime

I never said he should change his view, that wasn’t the point at all.

That’s a bit of a different viewpoint now - your previous one was expressing how you couldn’t wait for project fear, sorry, project reality to hit... that is what I criticised. It’s rather a different position to state you’d love it to turn out great but...

5. Steampunk

Soldato

There's a lot of people in this country that need a reality check before we can really move forwards. The sooner that happens the better. I'd rather they listened to facts instead of liars like Boris and Cummings, but it seems like they will have to experience the harsh realities of Brexit before they realise they have been conned.

6. malachi

Sgarrista

That doesn't make sense, things are staying the same until our transition period is over. They must of been in the wrong queue :confused:

7. Greebo

Caporegime

I think he got a roasting on twitter from lots of people pointing out that hes in the wrong queue until the end of the transition period. I suspect, looking at his Nationalistic Brexit Twitter feed he would feel as a British person post Brexit that he wouldnt join the EU queue on principal.

8. dowie

Caporegime

^^^ this seems to be the other popular one - that somehow hoping for bad things as a result of the vote going the other way will teach people a lesson etc...

9. Greebo

Caporegime

Sadly i think that is what this country needs otherwise it will all just get covered up and blamed on somebody else.

Its not about punishing anybody or teaching them a lesson, more about a reality check and then perhaps in decades to come, Britain will be a better place

10. dowie

Caporegime

Or perhaps it's not the nightmare all you lot seem to think it's going to be...

Nah of course that couldn't be right, the plebs voted the wrong way, only remain is right, the reality check/lesson needs to come....

11. chroniclard

Capodecina

If it continues to go bad, as it has so far as predicted, who thinks the general public will actually "learn a lesson". :p

12. a1ex2001

Capodecina

I hope it turns out great but I do look forward to project 'fear' becoming a reality just to enjoy watching people squirm.

13. GordyR

Soldato

It already is a nightmare for an awful lot of people.

14. Rilot

Don

Of course not. I will be the remainers' fault for not believing in Brexit enough and sabotaging it. Or it will be the EUs fault for not giving us a good deal due to sour grapes.

15. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Or maybe it was just busy, its immigration, they do get backed up at times, although I am more familiar with Eindhoven its possible there to get a delay at immigration as well

16. Bonjour

Sgarrista

Impossible. Brexit was supposed to fix all of this.

17. Steampunk

Soldato

What's the alternative? Keep believing in the fantasy and ignoring reality?

18. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Oh you mean like in the days of the empire when we would just rock up, wave a British passport and waltz on through. Those days have gone ;)

19. Greebo

Caporegime

Well so far 99% of what you claim was "project fear" has become true......but no of course the remainers and all the experts couldn't possible be right and we just don't believe enough

20. Bonjour

Sgarrista

You're right. As soon as we have our blue passports back, there will be no more of this queueing at passport control nonsense. Tally-ho.