1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

1. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Thats all just more insane lies. None of the above happened or is true.

2. malachi

Sgarrista

Most countries do this, even the US. Wealth isnt shared in the UK from London compared to other countries. It always "you want a good job in the UK then come to London" Everything else outside the M25 can burn.

3. Greebo

Caporegime

Exactly. The areas with the least immigration were the areas who voted leave based on immigration. You barely see a none white person where I live once a year if you are lucky yet my 90 year old neighbour who admits s she has never met or seen a non white person voted leave to stop the smelly dirty ragheads coming to live in her village and spoiling it as that is what she was told would happen if we didn’t leave the EU. She did also say she was worried about them raping her as well.

4. BongoHunter

Hitman

This view doesn't seem to line up with places like Lincolnshire - lots of immigration, voted leave.

5. pmc25

Wise Guy

It exactly lines up with Lincolnshire.

As a % it's pretty low. It just dominates one sector - agriculture - that makes up a very visible proportion of Lincolnshire's economy. One that wouldn't continue to exist without EU farm workers, and one with a predominance of large producers of staples (sugar[beet] and wheat) that will likely struggle to remain solvent if CAP ends.

Also, two things about demographics in Lincolnshire: old & low levels of education.

6. Nate--IRL--

Mobster

It's silly season in NI at present, a truer reflection might be had after the 12th and its associated shenanigans is over.

Nate

7. pmc25

Wise Guy

This is the worst it's been for ages, though, and it doesn't look like it's going to calm down.

8. garnett

Mobster

Hard to know where to start tackling so much inaccuracy.

I do especially love the idea that a referendum is "going against democracy" - can you elaborate on that thought?

9. FishFluff

Mobster

I thought the EU was going to implode any second now?

10. Greebo

Caporegime

Why? I said areas with low immigration massively voted leave. How does Lincolnshire fall into this?

11. darreny

Mobster

It was argued that places of high immigration voted to remain

12. StriderX

Capodecina

13. Gigabit

Mobster

Government is entirely blame for this entire mess.

14. Mr Badger

Soldato

And the great thing is that they don't seem to have any intention of sorting it out. The best we can hope for appears to be a glorious fudge that leaves us worse off and with less influence, or a catastrophic hard Brexit...

15. Gigabit

Mobster

No not now they've figured out they can have the UKIP vote by doing the easy thing rather than the right thing.

16. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Soldato

Does the full detail come out tomorrow or is this another of the can only be viewed in secret, by a select few, and with nothing that could copy it allowed into the room jobbies?

17. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Soldato

I am not so sure that's correct

My understanding was that some areas with low immigration voted strongly for leave. As they had little actual experience with it they tended to pick up on the exaggeration and lies and with no way to rationalise this they accepted it as truth.
    I mean we had people here using phrases like "tsunami of rape"
    It was fear of the unknown basically.

People who saw more immigration tended to at least understand its got positives and negatives.
    One persons positives will be anothers negatives in many cases.

18. Nate--IRL--

Mobster

19. Cern

Mobster

Utterly bonkers. Whether or not something like this actually becomes reality, the very fact it even needs to be considered as a contingency proves how dangerous this clueless, mindless, knee jerk Brexit process is.

20. Greebo

Caporegime

But I am talking about places with low immigration voted to leave.