1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

1. chrismscotland

Wise Guy

I'd pay good money to see him do that.

2. physichull

Sgarrista

In that case, I think that as unpalatable as it might seem to the Conservatives, a revocation of Article 50 would be inevitable, at least in the interim, with a view to implementing it again at a later date.

3. TheOracle

Capodecina

Surely she's not going to come back a fourth time!!!

Can someone please change her code, she's stuck in a loop

4. String

Capodecina

What on Earth is that gobbledygook?

5. TheOracle

Capodecina

He had a kid at 15 and had to leave school to earn some money...........the mother has done a running act so not only does he need to raise a child, he also has to do the housework

I think

6. Evangelion

Capodecina

That's what happens when you copy/paste nonsense from Facebook and forget to spell and grammar check it before reposing elsewhere.

:D

7. Evangelion

Capodecina

Was she made by LG, perhaps? :p

8. RedvGreen

Mobster

Standing in line at my local Spar twenty minutes ago, the guy in front was talking to his buddy about the March yesterday using lots of expletives about immigrants stealing their jobs, ruining his healthcare and stopping his benefits(?!).

Being a fool, I asked them how the march went and then, having broken the ice, asked them how they feel the EU didn’t help their issues? I pointed out that most of the NHS is buoyed by ‘immigrants’, that they contribute to our eco and do jobs that nobody else wants to do and his benefits are a Tory policy not E.U.

Following the discussion must have been amusing, half-expecting a good bit of back and forth. He erupted from 0-100mph instantly and screamed at me and said ‘(foxtrot oscar) you scum ********* remoaner, you did this, you broke my brexit!’ and got really angry. So much so that the scene resulted in him being asked to calm down by the owner on the tills.

They left and nothing else occurred; the lady on the tills said she voted to leave originally but felt absolutely betrayed as her husband has lost his job and she’s worried for her diabetic child, so she would remain given another chance just to not be connected with the likes of ‘him’ (the guy who left).

So there’s a quick sample of a fairly posh village that votes Labour and has a 50:50 brexit:remain turnout.

9. ver01@

Gangster

Problem is all votes are equal

10. StriderX

Capodecina

And brexiteers wonder why they get insulted instead of conversed with, this is why.

There’s no point, we are at the stage where only embarrassment or violence will solve their wrong opinions.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  11. MadMossy

Soldato

Well I think we're all about to witness history right before our eyes. The downfall of politics in the country.

MPs are not fit for purpose, a general election now will result in no party in power, I doubt they would even muster a coalition, and even if they did it would be the same indecisive idiots we have now.

Any attempt to delay brexit any further than crashing out on the 12th April or revoking A50 will be an absolute disaster for the county. Even though I think we're f***** either way. The inability for our politicians to work towards a common goal I just mine boggling, we need actual leadership and MPs with a backbone.

12. Rroff

Man of Honour

13. StriderX

Capodecina

I can forget the minor indiscretion or ignoring a marginal referendum that wasn’t binding.

I can also outlive the leavers. I also got exactly what I wanted from my vote. Don’t care where it goes now, to think a uturn would be worse than no deal is hilariously pointless though.

14. steve_c

Hitman

And then everyone stood up and clapped.

15. Sleepery

Sgarrista

I sometimes wonder if "failure to take responsibility for your own actions" correlates directly with voting for Brexit.

16. Martini1991

Caporegime

This has been my personnel experience of some older people I know that voted for Brexit.

17. Rroff

Man of Honour

Kind of like the racism thing - people who fail to take responsibility for their own actions are probably highly likely to have voted leave but not all leave voters will be those who fail to take responsibility.

18. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

19. Rroff

Man of Honour

Was thinking that earlier - if there was any intention on the part of the author to sway those on the leave side it increasingly looks like a waste of time - the vast majority seem unable to see anything they don't want to no matter how well reasoned and laid out.

Seeing the outrage and comments from both leave and those unhappy in general in this country this morning on social media I think things are broken worse than I thought.

20. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

It will be the EU's fault for not giving us a good deal, they were always going to punish us. etc, etc.