1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Panos

Sgarrista

LOL. Nah, my ex wife was pretty good teacher to get a proper accent and not sound like the Queen or American

2. Freakbro

Capodecina

"Sophistication? Sophistication? Don't talk to me about sophistication love, I've been to Leeds!"

@2:30

:D:D:D

3. Evangelion

Capodecina

That's it? That was your only reason? It doesn't even make sense, unless you're saying that you thought becoming a British citizen would make you immune to any negative fallout.

You supported a political decision that was blatantly against your own interests, and now you're asking us to show sympathy because the outcome has bad consequences for you. People were told this is what would happen, and they dismissed it as 'Project Fear.' Welcome to Project Reality.

You get no sympathy from me.

4. Panos

Sgarrista

:D

I remember once went to fix a computer for the husband of an ex colleague, around 2007. The guy was in his 70s and proper Yorkshire man (N Yorkshire outside Harrogate). When opened the PC case cut myself, and said "oh Bugger".
    The guy started laughing to the point his wife was worried had a stroke. When calmed said "I knew you were Greek, but didn't expect such swearing word come out of you so natural and with that accent".

Also, when someone pointed my English accent, my ex wife was saying that the progress of my English was visible through my road rage when commuting. (we used to work together for 5 years).
    Initially I was swearing in Greek, then using Greek phrases but translated with English words, and after awhile using proper English swearing and phrases. :D :D :D

(also some slaps on the head by her when didn't pronounce a word correctly did greatly help :o:o) :D

5. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

So he lied to people, promised something he was incapable of delivering. He is not around to be held responsible for his lies and after all it is not something politicians never do. Politics is the art of deceit and lying.

6. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

These poker analogies only work if the other party do not know your hand. After being in the EU for decades the EU knew our hand.

7. Uther

Sgarrista

:D
    Reminds me of the British expats (immigrants...) in Spain who voted Brexit.The absolute epitome of shooting yourself in the foot.

8. ver01@

Gangster

I would rather have Merkel over any British politician.

9. Panos

Sgarrista

There is a small difference there, which you missed on my posts....

After all the promises from both sides during the campaign, May personally is responsible for all the issues and racism that followed, regardless her promises time after time.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  10. Panos

Sgarrista

The English couple who bought in hurry my home, was coming from Spain to be back before Brexit :D

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

What difference? You supported a decision against your own interests, and now you want sympathy because it's turned out to be a **** sandwich (which is exactly what Remainers warned about). How could you fail to realise that this is what would happen?

May is responsible? Seriously? Not the people like Farage, and the parties like UKIP, which stoked fears and racism throughout their Brexit campaigns? :confused:

12. Evangelion

Capodecina

Not surprising, because they'll be screwed as soon as they lose FOM, so they have to get back home as soon as possible.

Idiots.

13. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

I would say the rags were responsible for most of the racism coming to a head in this country. Sure there will it will always be there with some people but the rags gave it respectability. The decades long British exceptionalism being pumped out and the anti Muslim rhetoric for the last couple of decades has ensured problems get worse. We boast about freedom of the press but with that freedom comes responsibility and the rags have shown themselves to be irresponsible.

14. StriderX

Capodecina

Labour surging ahead on polls and tories collapsing unable to do anything without May leaving.

Hilarious. A vonc maybe? Just to make them look bad at least.

15. String

Capodecina

Labour to call fresh VoNC. Quite right, make them endorse her again.

16. thenewoc

Mobster

They are if they make the same verbal contract with the electorate and create an election manifesto also confirming this.

Now you've seen the DC video you should watch and read the following to correct your revisionism.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...y-leadership-bid-with-pledge-to-unite-country

https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto

17. thenewoc

Mobster

That's democracy for you!

18. StriderX

Capodecina

Manifestos aren’t contracts and neither was the ***** coming out from davie boys mouth.

19. Dolph

Man of Honour

A VONC is dangerous, because if successful it triggers a process before a general election that would burn all our time left before the new no deal day, while effectively leaving may in charge, unless parliament could quickly come to some agreement about a caretaker government (Liddington or Starmer as pm maybe) that could command a majority to stop/pause the process and progress in a more orderly way.

20. doodah

Capodecina