1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

1. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Do you not agree. ?

How the hell is that puppet master Corbyn going to get any real votes apart from the uni graduates. ?
    He has to appeal to the colours of the world to have any chance of being relevant. So sod the country let it get degraded and horrible like some third world holiday camp.

And you wonder why he is a laughing stock.

2. Colonel_Klinck

Hitman

3. garnett

Mobster

What, in your mind (are you qualified on this point particularly) qualifies a scientist as an "internet scientist" and in what way do you believe their findings to be of more or less validity than any other scientist?

4. JRS

Capodecina

Michael Heseltine loses the party whip for voting with his conscience. Andrew Griffiths (my local MP) gets caught cheating on his wife but has the whip restored because he'll be a good boy and vote for whatever the PM wants.

Gotta love 'em...

5. Nasher

Capodecina

Why are you still arguing?

I'm sure it's totally valid work.

6. garnett

Mobster

I just want to see how long your integrity allows you to carry on being disingenuous. It helps people build a clearer picture of those in favour of Brexit.

In terms of letting Farage mug you though, it's certainly a case of fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

7. McstylisT

Wise Guy

Sorry its just dribble and flem you are spouting.. Calm down we know you want to sabotage and deface any support or brexit. But trust me, It will not work.

8. JRS

Capodecina

Why would remain voters need to sabotage Brexit? The leave side is doing a fine job of that all by themselves...

9. chroniclard

Capodecina

If the cult of Brexit was a religion it would be Scientology.

10. RDM

Capodecina

My sabotage events so far have been "Not vote for a Labour or Conservative Councillor in the local elections" and will soon be followed by "Vote for a Lib Dem candidate in the European Elections". I have also written to my MP to remind him that some of his constituents did vote remain and they need some representation now and again.

I don't seem to be overly good at this sabotaging thing. Certainly not as good as the ERG group of the Conservative Party that have blocked every attempt so far to get a deal through parliament...

The thing about democracy is that it isn't static, people can and do change their minds. Especially if evidence comes to the fore that the only real Brexit are a no benefit Brexit (CU and Single Market) or a Brexit that is going to do significant damage to the economy (No Deal Brexit).

Can you briefly outline what the benefits of leaving the EU will be?

11. JRS

Capodecina

A decent piece on politics.co.uk about what the European Parliament actually does, and why we've been morons for sending people like Farage over to it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  12. chroniclard

Capodecina

Looks like British Steel( previously Tata) is going under due to Brexit related issues. Another win for leave voters, Scunthorpe(a big steel town, my home town) voted leave, great job.

Potentially thousands of job losses plus a huge impact on the supply chain and related industry.

13. Hodders

Mobster

British Steel, Honda are just the headlines. Countless other jobs are being lost. The turkeys are getting the Christmas they voted for.

Sorry, but what the flip did they THINK WOULD HAPPEN.

The government had 40+ years to show us why the EU worked for our benefit, but used it for excuses instead. Sigh.

14. joey1211

Mobster

And good old Nige comes along and sells the NHS to the Americans as a double whammy. Turkeys indeed.

15. joey1211

Mobster

Forget sells... gives!

16. matt100

Capodecina

These are just gold :)

What you can pack into a sentence is amazing, "calm down" whilst spitting gammon all over your computer.. "dribble and flem(sp.. it's phlegm)" so a nice little.. I dunno what it is, insult? Either way, hardly a dignified way to discuss anything.. and then the veiled (and as usual unfounded, pretty sinister and properly echo chamber self assured) threat/promise of "trust me".. on what precisely? That you and all your friends who agree with you know what's going to happen? Because me and all my friends think the opposite.. we're still about 50/50 I'm sure.

It's quite something to unpack.. then you go and round it off with your location which again in a single word unpacks one of the main issues with all this and one of the main reasons brexit isn't happening anytime soon.

I expect you couldn't give a stuff about what happens to Scotland or Ireland as they're merely passengers on St George's train right? Collateral damage?

17. thenewoc

Mobster

No, the main parties lied to you as they promised to deliver Brexit in a 2 year window and we should have therefore left on 29th March. Having no backbone to carry out negotiations correctly is what has caused unnecessary uncertainty.

18. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

And leaving in March would have saved Honda and Tata? It's moronic to think so.

19. thenewoc

Mobster

20. Irish_Tom

Capodecina

Just so we're clear, you're claiming that had we left on the 29th March, British Steel would not be going into administration right now?