1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Haby birtdoy

Caporegime

And who was it who borrowed too much in the noughties? The left.

2. chroniclard

Capodecina

Of course, there are very fine people on both sides.

Its just that people lurching right are just unpleasant, where is the wisdom in being unpleasant. You see it on here, loads of the Brexiters are clearly a bit mental.

3. Haby birtdoy

Caporegime

Many left wingers are unpleasant too.

4. Thecaferacer

Gangster

They're worse than that. They're downright humourless! A lot of my friends who have ventured into the authoritarian left sphere need a personality transplant.

5. Haby birtdoy

Caporegime

Except when jokes are being made about throwing milkshakes or acid over politicians.

6. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

Hancock has pulled out according to LBC.

7. Haby birtdoy

Caporegime

That leaves 50 votes to be grabbed for the next round.

8. tamzzy

Sgarrista

#boris4pm
    #nodealbrexit
    #willofthepeople

9. Haby birtdoy

Caporegime

If Boris widens the gap, I expect more to withdraw after the second ballot.

10. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

11. tamzzy

Sgarrista

I can't see BoJo not winning the vote tbh.
    Even with all 50 votes going to hunt, hunt is still 21 votes behind.

12. D.P.

Caporegime

well, since you are receiving benefits* from the government throughout your lives then it is only apt to pay for that.

* infrastructure like roads &utilities, police, NHS, military protection, prisons, court of law, education, social security, pensions, social protection, environmental protection, transportation etc.

EDIT:
    The only change to inheritence tax I would like to see is the inheritor gets taxed, at income tax rates. E.g., parent dies and gifts all assets equally between 5 children, then that 1/5th of the estate is added to the annual income of each child and taxed. If one of the child only earn 15k a year and inherit 50K they would pay much less tax than another child earning 100k and inheriting the same 50k.

This prevents people being taxed twice and allows the tax to be progressive.

13. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Let's also add a little honesty to the debate. Many of the people who have passed away in the past 10 -15 years and who will pass away in the next 10 - 15 years have benefited from enormously inflated asset values (property and equities), the growth of which they didn't pay any tax on at all.

14. Father Ted

Wise Guy

If only Mr Johnson senior had all those years ago...

15. do_ron_ron

Sgarrista

When I wrote that I was going to add 'If only Boris had done that he would not have such a reputation':):):p

16. StriderX

Capodecina

This will just mean a trust fund will be set up or just giving it to the lowest earner and hoping they dont backstab their family.

17. D.P.

Caporegime

Trust fund already exist. That is a separate loophole that needs to be resolved.

People are free not to divide their wealth equally between inheritors and I don;t think this is a problem per se. If a parent decided one of their children is more deserving and they earn less money so will pay a lower tax then so be it. Note there is no inheritance limit on this, so the total tax take will be higher. The only way to avoid the tax is to have enough offspring such that each inheritor only receives less than the personal tax free allowance, and they don't earn income (or some combination). Where that occurs will be children not working. Note, children are liable to income tax so a 5yo will ahve to pay income tax if they inherit more than the PA.

Anyway, in this way inheritance is taxed just like any over income.

18. JeditOjanen

Mobster

No, I don't think Farage will be able to take things as far as starting an external war. But I know for a goddamn fact that he will be able to take it as far as Krystallnacht because that **** is already happening. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a white British gentile, because if you were not you'd be a sight more concerned.

19. JeditOjanen

Mobster

This is as wrong as you can get. Johnson wants to force a No Deal Brexit because it's the only way the Tories ever get elected again. The Cult of Farage will take anything less as a betrayal, and until they're gone they're going to split the Tory vote.

20. JeditOjanen

Mobster

There's a whole host of tweets being shared right now in which Chuka declares that the Lib Dems cannot be trusted under any circumstances. How right he was.