1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'SC Archive' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

Mistake 1. It was not an imposition as they all(Greece. Italy etc) agreed to the Euro.

If you have read the story it gives the reason

Also

At a time of political and problems with migrant movement it is at best at academic exercise and at worst worthless.

Instead of reforming their economies the Greeks did exactly what they always did until the Crash. The EU helped them get part of their debt wiped out. Again this was the Govt of Greece and Italy's etc fault. As the EU is not in charge of their economies and never has been the fault is local.

Your example is rubbish as it does not answer the question

Clue: There are none.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  2. Harlequin

Mobster

except they are not - please actually read the Treaty of Lisbon and not some right wing meme

3. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

You would need to know on what terms which is the key problem. Only Mays detailed plan defines this. There is no alternative detailed real world brexit plan which defines this so the question can’t answered, there is no point of reference. This is why three years of simply criticising has stopped brexit happening.

4. azazl187

Wise Guy

Thats like comparing an apple to a pear, its completely different! Desperate comparison.

5. Mr Jack

Capodecina

More.

As the rest of the post you quote explained:

6. Mr Jack

Capodecina

Were those countries forced to join the EU, or did they do so freely?

7. Caracus2k

Soldato

Can a country join the euro now and not join the euro? Have some countries that have joined the EU in recent years had to adopt the euro?

I think you know the answers.

8. Caracus2k

Soldato

Just because some does some thing freely at the start doesn't make it a good thing for them in the long run.

I was asked for an example where EU has a 'lever of (economic ) power' that has caused damage to Southern European states.

I provided an example and since then there's just been whinning and whataboutery from other posters

9. terley

Mobster

Sorry im not feeding in to the polarisation of the political stage :|

I voted remain, i am currently in favour of leaving because of the democratic will.

I think Borris is lying and Jeremy is just the male version of May.

I think we need a general election and potentially a second refferendum.

10. garnett

Soldato

I'm quite serious. What seems to annoy you and others like you is that I don't have the patience to try and interpret your flawed reasoning and give you the benefit of the doubt other, more magnanimous posters do.

I just find comedy in the logical fallacy and inherent logical contradictions needed to try and justify Brexit for anything other than crude bigotry.

I'm not interested in answering the question you posed to someone else, which represents a strawman argument that gets you nowhere near proving your initial claim... that there's some appreciable benefit to Brexit.

As ever, as a Brexiteer, you're now arguing against something (the Cap in this instance) which other Brexiteers (the overwhelmingly pro-Brexit farmers) desperately want... so any success you might in this line of argument essentially undermines that core Brexiteer tenet that you have a majority, and therefore a mandate, for anything...

11. FishFluff

Soldato

I thought it was sovereignty and immigration? Now you’re telling me if I’d been more cheerful then people would have voted Remain???

12. Harlequin

Mobster

Yes, Croatia is one

13. garnett

Soldato

Your position has no internal consistency - so it collapses even before any external challenge...

You're saying you don't want polarisation, and yet you argue that Brexit will only succeed if those opposed offer up no challenge.

Putting to one side the fact the Arch-Brexiteer Farage sent decades getting paid to undermine UK interests in Europe, if you believe Brexit has a majority support, then you must be able to tell us what we are all wanting to hear... That version of Brexit that represents what every Brexit voter voted for.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  14. Caracus2k

Soldato

but you will stick your nose in.

Waste of time responding to posters like yourself.

15. Caracus2k

Soldato

16. Mr Jack

Capodecina

I already said that. Do you concede that it was not, as you said, imposed on these countries?

Your perpetual misrepresentation of what the EU is and how it works is not a minor side issue, it cuts to the heart of the matter.

Now, regarding, the research you referenced, I'm afraid my German isn't good enough to fully understand the report but it seems their method is to compare Euro countries to non-Euro countries and then attribute any difference to the Euro. Does that sound to you like a sound methodology?

17. garnett

Soldato

Whatever excuse you tell yourself or others for not engaging with those highlighting the flaws in your thinking...

18. terley

Mobster

You say that, yet try and take me to task for having an opinion that many others have :|

I don't need to justify my 10,000 page plan on how we leave the EU whilst considering the backstop, ensure tarrif free trade, renegotiate a deal that reduces the divorce settlement and protects workers in the UK and ensures out expats and foreign workers are protected along with the fisheries etc etc...

19. garnett

Soldato

You've solved Brexit, and you're not going to tell anyone?

20. Caracus2k

Soldato

You stated you wouldn't 'engage' by answering the question when you had inserted yourself into the conversation.

Like is said waste of time trying to deal with posters like yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.