1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'SC Archive' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caracus2k

Soldato

Its a condition of joining the EU now (even if you can wangle a delay) ergo its an imposed condition of entry even though it's demonstarably have some negative consequences for some pre existing member states.

2. terley

Mobster

No, i have no idea how to solve brexit... But what i do know is much smarter and informed people than you or me can make better and more compelling arguments to stay and to leave than either of us can.

3. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

The problem is just criticising everything is not a solution to brexit. Without a detailed plan with the benefits and costs mitigated of brexit it can never be implemented. This why after three years of complaining by the people who pushed for and support brexit all we have is increasing uncertainty damaging the UK. Time to define brexit and explain how to practically implement it to benefit the UK overall, or if that is not possible choose between Mays deal and keeping the current EU deal.

4. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

That’s a refreshing honest comment.

5. dcsarge

Wise Guy

Given the complete shambles on both sides of the benches, I think it is was quite accurate for a tongue in cheek comment but glad you didn't over react.

6. garnett

Soldato

This is turning out to be another compelling defence of Brexit.

Just to be clear then... You came in to argue in support of Brexit, and claimed to have a 10,000 page plan for a Brexit that could deliver on all the fantasies... But actually you don't have that plan, and all you have is an insistence there must be someone else, somewhere, who can argue successfully in defence of Brexit....

I have to say, I've never seen a debate won with an argument like that.

7. Mr Jack

Capodecina

If I tell you, you need to pay £40/month to join my gym, I am not by any normal sense of the word imposing a £40/month charge on you. These states freely chose to join the EU under the terms negotiated. This not an imposition.

Would you care to respond to the part of my post where I dealt with your evidence of that?

8. garnett

Soldato

You went from trying for a third time to show us an "appreciable benefit of Brexit" to somehow thinking the existence of the CAP proves your point.

Happy to engage once you get out of that logic-trough.

9. terley

Mobster

Do you live in la la land?

10. MatteH Oxford

Wise Guy

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  11. chroniclard

Capodecina

Thats not a positive article.

12. Harlequin

Mobster

Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland (2004), Romania and Bulgaria (2007). also dont have the euro and are members of the EU.

13. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

Don't you think that a severe shortage of necessary skilled labour resulting in reduced construction activity and soaring costs will help solve the housing crisis?

14. bayo000

Mobster

Aren't we all? Trump in Whitehouse, Boris likely in No 10 soon, Farage voted as MEP again even though he never did anything for the people that blindly vote for him and Brexit supporters still not able to work out how silly and naive their arguments are.

15. TJM

Wise Guy

There is simply no way that this is a short term consequence of a sudden and drastic reduction in the number of available skilled workers.

16. Gigabit

Mobster

The good news is, I don't think Boris has a chance in hell of winning an election. I think he will be going into No 10 as the most unpopular PM ever, he's somewhere around -30 and that's before he's done anything.

Unpopular PMs rarely last long, see Theresa May (who is more popular than Boris and Boris hasn't started yet).

17. terley

Mobster

I believe a general election has the power to change everything, is Boris comes out with a VERY clear message he may be able to win farage over, get first past the post with a hung parliament and form a coalitian with the brexit party.

I am certian that the mainstream media will do what they can to run every drug taken 20 years ago, comments he made to a woman in a club 17 years ago, any false look he throws at somone of a minority etc..

And this isn't an endorsement for bojo, its just an abject fact

18. StriderX

Caporegime

Lol, at current polling numbers FPTP is entirely up in the air, you cant make a statement like that.

Also those "statements" weren't 20 years ago, they were literally over the last couple years when he was the worst Foreign Secretary ever, any person who helps Iran is a ****.

19. terley

Mobster

Those "statements" were hyperbole to poke fun at the left-leaning sensationalist drama the news media drags up to deligitimise any political leader they dont like.

And I'm not making a statement on what i think will happen, it is a anecdotal oppinion that is probably wrong...

"LOL"

20. StriderX

Caporegime

"LOL" https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...d-by-boris-johnsons-comments-her-husband-says

Not hyperbole, not poking fun at some mostly exaggerated group of people, just pure unadulterated ******* who cost a mother years in an Iranian prison. New Polling is out and Boris is dropping like a fly.

Hunt is currently neck and neck with him now, we'll see how this turns out, I honestly want Boris because he's a walking disaster, but hunt will do.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.