1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brexit Discussion

Discussion in 'SC Archive' started by FrenchTart, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Amazing.

Terrible Grammar: Check.
    Slurs: Check.
    Incoherent: Check.

Angry Brexiter: CONFIRMED.

2. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Democratically elected Member of the European Parliament, Anne Widdecombe, has made the claim that the UK leaving the EU is like the "slaves rising up against their owners" without a hint of irony of her position in said parliament.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48869520

I'm now convinced there is an actual game of hyperbole bingo on the go, pushing post-truths to a new standard.

3. StriderX

Caporegime

Nah it's just a bigoted senile **** who's now got a podium from which to spew bile.

4. do_ron_ron

Capodecina

With a clown about to be made our PM and the biggest UK Party in the EU another group of clowns, the UK is really setting the stage for those all important relations we will need for future trade deals.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  5. Usher

Mobster

Angry ******** confirmed: clearly unable to spell Brexiteer :rolleyes:

6. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Pity I deliberately used Brexiter then, isn't it? Ya know... Brexiter... one who supports Brexit.

More angry slurs. Doing so much to dispel that stereotype.

7. StuBob

Hitman

I can only wish! Brexit has been hilarious so far if you step away from its obvious catastrophic consequences. Nonetheless the posturing, postion changing ignorance of the movement has done little to dispel the Brexiteer stereotype. The Brexit flag of choice may soon be redundant as will their country as it splits as a result of the continued stupidity in the position despite all previous claims of the EU being headed for oblivion, 'they're all going to follow', 'sinking ship' etc. What has gone from 'no downsides, only coniderable upsides', 'easiest deals in hisory', 'they need us more than we need them' and still they follow without the slightest modicum of reflection or considered thought.

It will be Brexit and the blind Brexiteers that will confine the United Kingdom to the doldrums of history, the single greatest act of self harm of what was once the most successful Empire, Kingdom, Union (take your pick?) in the world for a multitude of reasons, its period of enlightenment brought in the modern world and rather fittingly through this whole episode will fall victim to its own period of 'un-enlightenment'. The juxtaposition of Brexit. The real result of Brexit will be the emboldening and ever closer union of the EU of its current and future members of which I would be happy to see an independent Scotland become one. On the flip will be a continued sense of embitterment from those who brought us to this point, which will not only see any legitimate issues they had further exacerbated, but they will have wantonly caused their own suffering as those around reap the benefits of their ignorance. 'We don't need experts', indeed. Brexiteers can keep and own their own mess of which they so far have been unwilling with little sign of that ever changing as the flip flop more than their next saviour, (until he isn't) Boris.

8. Mr Badger

Sgarrista

I think I started out with "Brexiteer" as it sounded right, but at some point noticed that "Brexiter" was in common use and switched to it to save data.

9. Dj_Jestar

Caporegime

Brexiter is also without connation. Brexiteer is to Leave what ********/Remaniac is to Remain.

10. garnett

Soldato

The Brexiteer thought-gavage the Daily Express seems to use both in equal measure...

11. bayo000

Mobster

I still think ******** should be applied to leave voters. They moaned for 40 years before the referendum and they keep on moaning.

12. malachi

Capodecina

Most of the leave voters had nothing to moan about or didn’t know what the EU was or did until the referendum. Then they wanted to make a fuss and vote leave because they have nothing else’s in their lives interesting to do.

13. GordyR

Soldato

Brexiter is my preferred term and is what I always use.

Brexiteer conjures up a kind of swashbuckling and rouge-ish image that is entirely unfit for individuals who are so intent on damaging their own country.

Besides, if you're going to attack someone's spelling of what is merely a 'made up' word, using an incorrect homophone in the same sentence is cringe-worthy and embarrassing.

14. robfosters

Caporegime

Jaguar now investing 100’s of millions in the West Midlands to build their new electric XJ car. Bit of good news there.

15. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

Agree finally some good news from the automotive sector with all the negatives its really important to get some good news from that sector

16. Mercenary Keyboard Warrior

Capodecina

This, I have certainly seen people who thing its a good thing, imagining themselves as looking like Capn Jack Sparrow I suppose
    I think saboteurs (for those intelligent enough to understand whats going on, the 5% or so) or Bewreckers (for the remaining 95% just parroting things they hear) and more descriptive personally.

17. DarkHorizon472

Mobster

It is the midlands really needs some good news after investment halving in the last year and the 1000’s of job loses. Before the leave vote there were extensive plans for this type of investment in the UK, it has now been put on hold and unfortunately increasingly cancelled. This would have provided the continuation of skilled well paid jobs in the manufacturing sector for the UK where it was previously a leading globally competitive producer.

18. matt100

Capodecina

I mostly hate the fact that this whole process has gotten us to a place where we're calling each other names just for disagreeing with each other.

I'm 42 and I can't remember another time like it.

19. chroniclard

Capodecina

Baw bag would be the correct term.

20. wonder_lander

Soldato

Primary school playground? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.