Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Nah, a bunch of lefties begging to be ruled by Europe is ridiculous enough on it's own
Why again did the big banks support staying in EU? Could it be that there is something else than "left - right" division at play?

We should move away form using words like "right-wing" and "leftie" as pejoratives. That is just ridiculous.

Sometimes lefties are driving us to bankruptcy. Sometimes rightwing policies are economic suicide.

Soldato
Permabanned
Nah, a bunch of lefties begging to be ruled by Europe is ridiculous enough on it's own

What a jolly sounding day out! :)

"Politicians including Labour's Chuka Umunna and Caroline Lucas, the co-leader of the Green Party, backed the march along with comedian Eddie Izzard.

A man was wrestled to the floor by police after snatching Mr Izzard's trademark pink beret when grappling with him in the street.

Despite wearing high heels, Mr Izzard pursued the man and retrieved his beret while police pinned him to the floor."

Full marks for Izzard retrieving his beret whilst pinned to the floor.... What a carry on :(

Soldato
Why have those tweets been deleted? By all accounts the march had low turnout and the irony about marching against democracy is clear to all. Mods pls explain? :confused:

Soldato
Have seen a fair bit on this doing the rounds. A big disappointment. Even to the extent that #marchforeurope has had to borrow pictures :rolleyes:.

Its odd that a group wants to try and over turn a democratic vote. The remainers are a strange selection indeed.

Owen Jon remarks earlier were just daft. This guy is meant to be a spokes individual for fairness? Lulz,

Soldato
Its pointless discussing brexit anymore, we simply don't know what will happen. it could be the best thing ever, no change or the country will go back to the stone age.

All I know is, I continue to work, pay mortgage and pension.

I say close this thread and reopen once Article 50 has been triggered as we simply have no information at the moment.

Soldato
Why have those tweets been deleted? By all accounts the march had low turnout and the irony about marching against democracy is clear to all. Mods pls explain? :confused:

You seem confused about what democracy means. Marching is as much a part of democracy as casting a vote. Just because a slender majority of people voted for something doesn't remove or negate the right of anyone else to continue to oppose it or campaign for change. There'll be a lot more of this, I guess you'll just need to accept peoples' democratic right to complain.

Soldato
My understanding was that only I could see that thread so how will anyone else know why the posts were deleted?

If they care, they can post in the forum discussion section.

Trying to bait a mod to try and show some sort of agenda behind the decision though, that takes this thread OT.

You seem confused about what democracy means. Marching is as much a part of democracy as casting a vote. Just because a slender majority of people voted for something doesn't remove or negate the right of anyone else to continue to oppose it or campaign for change. There'll be a lot more of this, I guess you'll just need to accept peoples' democratic right to complain.

Good post.

Caporegime
Why again did the big banks support staying in EU? Could it be that there is something else than "left - right" division at play?

Because for major financial insitutions stability is always more profitable than uncertainty?

For individuals they can score big on uncertainty but its not something s bank would risk

Soldato

You are forgetting that 24 June 2016 is officially the day that democracy died. All previous decisions and views have been swept aside and there can be no further debate, challenge or review ever again - we all just have to accept and get on with it.

Soldato
You are forgetting that 24 June 2016 is officially the day that democracy died. All previous decisions and views have been swept aside and there can be no further debate, challenge or review ever again - we all just have to accept and get on with it.

As far as the referendum result, yes, yes you do - at last!!

Man of Honour
The referendum thread was possibly the busiest thread we've ever had over such an extended period. That's not just the weight of posts but the amount of moderation required too.

I recognise that this is an emotive time and subject. Many people are annoyed, many are elated. This is not a sport result that people are annoyed about for a short time but then their team plays again and wins and they can move on. This is people's futures. They are worried for their careers and pensions, remaining employed at all, their families, etc. It's an uncertain time whichever side of the fence you were on for the referendum.

Please bear all of this in mind along with the members charter whilst posting. The decision, for good or ill, has been made. What happens now and next is the discussion to be had. Above all please remember that you must respect each other. If you cannot post in a respectful manner toward your fellow posters, regardless of their opinions, please refrain from posting at all.

Unfortunately we have seen much Brexit discussion descend into petty squabbles. As such, we have now created a new Brexit discussion thread within Speakers Corner - where all Brexit discussion should occur from now on.

As you know, in SC we expect that discussion is kept strictly on-topic and especially respectful. Posts that simply antagonise will be removed and suspensions will be issued if required. If you see a problem post be sure to use the RTM feature to let the mod team know.

New thread: Brexit Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom