1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: British Grand Prix 2019, Silverstone - Race 10/21

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Stinky, Jul 3, 2019.

?

Rate the 2019 British Grand Prix out of ten

Poll closed Jul 21, 2019.
  1. 1

0.8%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0.8%
  5. 5

1.5%
  6. 6

3.1%
  7. 7

6.9%
  8. 8

37.4%
  9. 9

34.4%
  10. 10

15.3%
  1. Stinky

Sgarrista

Hi Guys

Just picked up my tickets for Becketts next weekend. Im in Block 3 row A.... Is it good being low down there or better to be higher? Too late now, but ive not sat there before

Jon

2. gord

Capodecina

I've sat at Becketts for about the last 5 years, it doesn't really matter where in those stands you are, you will get a great view and an awesome time. I've never sat as far forward as row A, and my preference would always be closer to the action. I like to take photos and having no one in front would be amazing, conversely, I've been there in torrential storms and watched the first 3 rows vacate to get some respite on the stairs, much to the grandstand safety steward's dismay.

I can't remember exactly which end block 3 is at, but I assume it's the last one along the direction of the track, which means visibility of the cars through the Becketts turns will be immense. You might lose a bit of sight of them coming in and leaving, and across to Village/down the Wellington straight, but it'll be marginal and there will be a big screen the other side of the track to keep an eye on action elsewhere.

Enjoy!

3. .:MBK:.

Mobster

Mum blagged some GA tickets off her boss so hoping the weather holds. Be interesting to see if we can get any good views

4. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

Whenever i’ve GA’ed Vale has usually been pretty good. There’s usually a big screen opposite and you get to see them appear from Stowe and then race down past the pit entry/the few curves before the start line. However we had to get up at about 6 to get right to the front and plonk our seats down....

5. Stinky

Sgarrista

Great!! This will be my first time in Becketts. I actually got these one stubhub for lower than face value which is a result!! Cant wait now! Will be camping up there as well!

6. smr

Sgarrista

Wondering whether to take my two boys out of school (last day of term) on Friday for practice. It's my youngest's Birthday on Monday. I would go on Saturday but it's just having to lumber around with fold up chairs etc. whereas Friday will be quieter, and able to sit in the grandstands... plus 3 hours of F1 cars compared to 1 hour 45 minutes on Saturday.

7. gord

Capodecina

If you do decide to go, my nephews (7 and 9 at the time) got a huge kick out of the Family Zone activities on the North side of the track last year. They had the Bloodhound land speed record car there and were doing a "build your own jet car" with blocks of foam, hot wire cutting and sanding. Then you handed it over for its run and they put a little rocket in it, hooked it on the wire and did speed tests. I may have been loving it even more than they were. I can't say what activities will be on this time, but it's worth checking out if you've got youngsters.

8. Entai

Capo Crimine

lets face it having youngsters is just a good excuse for the dads to go to the zone and have a play.

If we could get away with just going ourselves and no kids in tow we would :cool:

9. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

Im at club corner. see u there

10. gord

Capodecina

You'll need some binoculars to see him at Becketts from Club :p

11. Shimmy

Man of Honour

[​IMG]
    Silverstone
    TV Times
    Sky:
    [​IMG]
    C4:
    [​IMG]

Track Diagram & Information
    [​IMG]

Weather Forecast
    [​IMG]

2018 Race Highlights
    https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2018/7/HIGHLIGHTS__2018_British_Grand_Prix.html

WDC Standings
    [​IMG]

Constructors' Championship Standings
    [​IMG]

Practice 1
    [​IMG]

Practice 2
    [​IMG]

Practice 3
    [​IMG]

Qualifying
    [​IMG]

Race
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  12. Shimmy

Man of Honour

Be interesting to see how the comprehensive track resurfacing affects lap times this year.

13. MissChief

Capodecina

Sat in Becketts in 2017 but at the back. The grandstand is raised anyway so even st the front you still get a good view. The screen is quite far away though but you can see the cars come up the hill between T2 & 3 and blast off down the straight and then pass in front of you through Becketts itself and off down the straight again so you’re rarely unable to see any cars for the whole race. Even in warm weather the breeze that high up can be cold though so bring a jacket or scarf and hat. There’s plenty of food options behind the grandstand too and proper toilets and a drinking water tap too at the back of the toilet block, although not widely signposted!

14. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Cheers @Shimmy as always. Silverstone normally produces a decent race, and a bit of mixed weather in qualifying should hopefully help.

I hope the resurfacing has smoothed out some sections that were way to bumpy for a track of this standing.

15. smr

Sgarrista

Sounds good. Anyone parked at Dadford campsite before? Just wondering if it's going to be too congested along Dadford Road around 8-9am tomorrow. There's either that or parking in Silverstone village but it would be more expensive.

16. Armageus

Don

17. gord

Capodecina

I'd say Friday isn't too bad for congestion and I'd try to park closer. Dadford campsite is about a 20 minute walk to the main entrance I think.

18. Flibster

Caporegime

Rich Energy situation is just getting weirder...

From Haas

From Rich Energy NL

So, Storey seems to have tweeted the "we fire you!" while I'm assuming buzzing like a ladies personal massage device on his own product, and now everyone else is running around trying to walk it back...

19. Flibster

Caporegime

So, it's 50 years of Sir Frank Williams, and they've got a tribute on the car.

F1 has a youtube video up. You'll need to open it on youtube....

Here's an older video from Williams.

20. gord

Capodecina

As gossipy as it is, I really want to know the whole Rich Energy saga. I don't want it to damage Haas, but things just aren't right with that "company".