Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
Silverstone Circuit

When was the track built?​

Little did those laying the perimeter road to the RAF Silverstone airfield in 1942 know that they were setting down what would become one of the world’s greatest race tracks. But, well, they were! The Silverstone circuit was first used for a proper motor race in 1947 – although sadly, a local sheep lost its life during the proceedings…

When was its first Grand Prix?​

Silverstone was the first Grand Prix, hosting the inaugural Formula 1 World Championship round on May 13 1950. Old campaigner Giuseppe Farina, who’d take that year’s title, won the race in his Alfa Romeo 158.

What’s the circuit like?​

At the 2018 British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton compared a flat-out lap around Silverstone to flying a fighter jet, which should tell you all you need to know about the Northamptonshire circuit. Despite numerous layout changes over the years, Silverstone has always maintained its essential character as one of the fastest tracks on the F1 calendar, while historic corners like Maggotts, Becketts and Abbey provide some of the biggest challenges for racing drivers anywhere in the world.

Why go?​

It’s hard to stop the goose bumps from prickling as you walk around one of the great cathedrals of motorsport, while in terms of atmosphere, the British fans are always reliably raucous – this is the country that invented football (that’s soccer, mind), after all.

Where is the best place to watch?​

The Becketts grandstand has to rank highly on the ultimate list of places to watch an F1 car in action – believe us, your eyes will be on stalks when you see how quickly the drivers zip through Maggotts and Becketts. Further along the track, the Stowe grandstands will place you at one of the best overtaking spots, while watching the drivers chuck their cars into that corner on their own is nearly as good.

Weekend Schedule

zjIdAQv.jpeg

TV Schedules

Sky F1

8KxVp60.jpeg

Channel 4

British Grand Prix Free Practice 1 (Live)
- Friday 1st July - 12.55PM Channel 4
British Grand Prix Free Practice 2 (Live) - Friday 1st July - 3.55PM Channel 4

British Grand Prix Qualifying (Live) - Saturday 2nd July - 2.10PM Channel 4
British Grand Prix Qualifying (Highlights) - Sunday 3rd July - 2.10AM Channel 4

British Grand Prix Race (Live) - Sunday 3rd July - 2.30PM - Channel 4
British Grand Prix Race (Highlights) - Monday 4th July - 12:05AM - Channel 4

Track Information

51NsWgH.jpeg

Weather Forecast (as of Tuesday 28th June 2022)

2sGeGIE.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks @chrismscotland

Looks like much of the weekend will be used to discuss racism in the sport after Nelson Piquet used the N word to describe Lewis Hamilton.

The subsequent Social Media fallout isn't helping, with Rodrigo Piquet posting something that repeats the N word, and it's been liked by Kelly Piquet (Max Verstappen's girlfriend). I'll post it later if I have time but it will obviously need editing.

Such a shame the weekend can't just be about the racing.

Caporegime
Thanks @chrismscotland

Looks like much of the weekend will be used to discuss racism in the sport after Nelson Piquet used the N word to describe Lewis Hamilton.

The subsequent Social Media fallout isn't helping, with Rodrigo Piquet posting something that repeats the N word, and it's been liked by Kelly Piquet (Max Verstappen's girlfriend). I'll post it later if I have time but it will obviously need editing.

Just seen this.

Oh no.....

Firestorm coming max's way.

Caporegime
bruh i just read about this. not only that, his Gf has a kid from Danny Kyvat....

I swear not even holywood could have come up with a better script

Indeed.

I'm not for one minute saying Max is involved/thinks the same way. I just think it is inevitble he will get hounded by the press by association/due to Kelly.

Associate
Its a little odd how all the official statement from F1, Merc etc all go out of there way to not even mention piquet. Feels more like some random pleb said it on social media rather than a former high profile world champion who attends races every year.

Soldato
Hamilton is a clown but Piquet is just a total idiot and deserves a ban , how can you say that in this day and age is beyond me ? Maybe Kelly should date Lulu !

Anyhow -

Top end speed of those Redbulls are going to be hard to beat but I feel maybe the Mercs will have more upgrades to roll out .

Associate
Weekend in Northamptonshire for me and the Mrs, sitting in Club for the race too so pretty hyped.

Be shocked if RB don’t run away with it due to the sheer speed they have, and expect it’ll be a painful one for McLaren again

Commissario
You were the one who first mentioned it, perhaps this thread could have got beyond post #4 without it being raised if you hadn't brought it up.

Let's try and keep discussion of that matter in the off topic motorsport thread and leave this one for the Silverstone race.

I'm looking forward to it, I expect a Red Bull victory and the Ferraris could well continue their early mid season implosion and leave the Mercs up there again.

Back
Top Bottom