Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Monaco, while prestigious, just doesn't belong on the calendar anymore, the cars are too big and it's one of the worst races year after year.

It's not always about the overtaking. Monaco is still the hardest track for F1 drivers to navigate, a driver starting on pole and keeping his concentration to the win the GP is still a spectacle.

Associate
It's not always about the overtaking. Monaco is still the hardest track for F1 drivers to navigate, a driver starting on pole and keeping his concentration to the win the GP is still a spectacle.
I mean you could say that about an overcrowded Asda but doesn’t mean it’s exciting to watch.

I get the prestige aspect but the racing is so boring. The only actions comes from quali and pit strategies (where Ferrari throws the race down the toilet).

Soldato
Street circuits make a pleasant change of pace, but they need to be a dash of spice not the dominant flavour.
Rotating single street circuit, Monaco, Singapore, Baku etc etc. One a year and the rest of nice fast and flowly race tracks would be ideal haha
There is not one single F1 racing driver or team on the planet that will agree with you though.

Hence why it will still be on the calender, even after every other circuit has been bulldozed.

You say this, but there is already disputes over the race contract with F1 wanting Monaco to make some changes but Monaco digging their heels in and saying no apparently, and I believe there's no contract in place for next year as of yet.

I have to disagree, this year I watched quali but made other plans for the Sunday, it's an absolute snooze fest every year and has become more of a procession and display of the cars running at 50% power than a race :(

Soldato
Thinking about it.. I'm no expert but is Silverstone lacking in super long straights compared to some of the other circuits? It seemed like the action was across corners and a wide ranging area over the circuit. Compared to others recently where it's just a DRS pass snoozefest. Another reason it was more exciting no?

Silverstone has plenty of boring races too so don't let the excitement of a well timed safety car throw you.

For Silverstone is a tier below tracks like Spa, Montreal (which unfortunately had a poor race this year), etc..

Back
Top Bottom