Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Commissario
Sorry, it was aimed at everyone because the discussion had continued in here. I didn’t intentionally single you out, it’s just that yours was the first post to mention it and I was reinforcing that this isn’t the place for the subject.

Hopefully that’s it now and we can concentrate on the Grand Prix itself.

Soldato
Heading to my first F1 this weekend. Will be at qualifying on Sat but then will watch the actual race at a friend's on Sunday. Suuuuuper excited!

Hope Mercedes figure out more of their issues and at least podium.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I can't see Merc being in the fight still. Even without porpoising they seem to be at least 0.25s down per lap.
I would say that they're closer to 0.7s down per lap but I agree... unless they arrive with a whole new concept / floor that works, I just don't see them higher than P6/7

Soldato
I would say that they're closer to 0.7s down per lap but I agree... unless they arrive with a whole new concept / floor that works, I just don't see them higher than P6/7

Depends on Red Bull and Ferrari's reliability and strategy — neither of which have been great so far this season. It also depends on whether any of the other middle teams have a blinder. If Alonso is on form again and Alpine get the strategy right, he could make life difficult for the Mercs.

Assuming that everyone has a trouble-free weekend, Merc should realistically be P5 and P6 (unless they've brought some considerable upgrades), but that's a massive assumption.

Man of Honour
OP
Without serious issues for both Ferrari and Red Bull I can't see anything but a Red Bull win (Max likely) - that said the forecast is looking a bit more unpredictable for the weekend, I'd love to see a bit of rain mix things up.

Soldato
If Barcelona i anything to go by on pace Ferrari should be leading the pack, if they can go the whole distance. Hoping there is some semblance of a fight back from them.

Soldato
And what's the penalty for being over? Cant even being to imagine how the fia would manage a winning supplier being 20% over. How would the punishment compare to using 1 too many turbos....

Soldato
Well, its still loads better than Ferrari and RB so far as both their cars have finished every race!

How much is that down to them not being able to push their engines while they sort out porpoising? The one race they were able to push they both had DNF issues and had to cruise to finish line.

Soldato
Probably one of my least favourites, thought part of that is the BBC/ITV/Sky always talking about it if it's the greatest tack ever, and constantly going on about dead or old British drivers rather than focusing on the current.

Hopefully the British weather can come into play and give us and interesting race.

I also hope that these daft starting times come back to bite them in the ass.

Man of Honour
Heading up tomorrow morning for the weekend, so pleased that the weather is better than last year. Walking around for 3 days in 30-32 degree heat with very little shade was absolutely brutal. Especially being in the Hamilton North stand with no cover. Booked Abbey for this year for the cover, which might be needed anyway with some rain due.

Back
Top Bottom