Poll: British Grand Prix 2022, Silverstone - Race 10

Rate the 2022 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
If it was genuinely a 6 second call I can forgive that for not bringing leclerc in.

And the point ferrari made.. They wouldn't have known if the others were going to pit if they pitted first.

Caporegime
If it was genuinely a 6 second call I can forgive that for not bringing leclerc in.

And the point ferrari made.. They wouldn't have known if the others were going to pit if they pitted first.

But he would have only fallen behind Sainz and Lewis.

Charles was faster than Sainz and sort of even with Lewis when they were all on hards.

If he was the only one on softs at the restart, he would have won easily.

It was one of the worst strategy decisions I've seen in a while. Threw away an almost guaranteed win, for an almost guaranteed 4th place.

Soldato
Today was the first chance I've had to watch the GP. **** me, best race I've ever seen! Never seen a grand prix before with so many overtakes at the front, but this had it all between Ferrari, Mercedes and RB, plus Alonso in the mix too. Pleased for Carlos getting his first victory, and likewise for Schumacher finally getting some points.

But that moment when Lewis sailed past the two Ferraris into P1 was just incredible. Pity he couldn't keep that position but it would have been criminal if he hadn't managed to get on the podium after all that. Silverstone has to be the best F1 circuit of all.

Soldato
Ferrari too, no? Could be interesting, sounds like they will have to stop that for the next race?

It's come up in the general Motorsport thread, they're fine for Austria but will need to not have flexing floor/plank areas for France a couple of weeks later. Be interesting to see if it hurts them/by how much...

Soldato
Wishful thinking but I wonder if somehow Mercedes had twigged that was the difference between them and RB/Ferrari. Here we are saying “lols complaining backfired on them” but perhaps not!

Soldato
Wishful thinking but I wonder if somehow Mercedes had twigged that was the difference between them and RB/Ferrari. Here we are saying “lols complaining backfired on them” but perhaps not!

Generally they've been pretty public with stuff like that, even stuff you can't really see like Ferraris 'suspicious' engine. I think they're actually a bit surprised by it.

Soldato
Thinking about it.. I'm no expert but is Silverstone lacking in super long straights compared to some of the other circuits? It seemed like the action was across corners and a wide ranging area over the circuit. Compared to others recently where it's just a DRS pass snoozefest. Another reason it was more exciting no?

Soldato
Thinking about it.. I'm no expert but is Silverstone lacking in super long straights compared to some of the other circuits? It seemed like the action was across corners and a wide ranging area over the circuit. Compared to others recently where it's just a DRS pass snoozefest. Another reason it was more exciting no?

I'm no expert but this could be it!

The way F1 are just hammering more and more boring street circuits into the calendar is making me sad, especially when we see such great racing a purpose built tracks like this.

They should be putting money into more purpose built tracks which could help create more jobs around the world and also allow spaces for more junior formula and other racing series.

N.B. I know nothing and am just spouting words, please feel free to shoot me down and correct me! :p

Caporegime
The way F1 are just hammering more and more boring street circuits into the calendar is making me sad, especially when we see such great racing a purpose built tracks like this.

They should be putting money into more purpose built tracks which could help create more jobs around the world and also allow spaces for more junior formula and other racing series.

Street circuits make a pleasant change of pace, but they need to be a dash of spice not the dominant flavour.

Caporegime
I agree a little bit, but the racing is always so poor!

Monaco, while prestigious, just doesn't belong on the calendar anymore, the cars are too big and it's one of the worst races year after year.
There is not one single F1 racing driver or team on the planet that will agree with you though.

Hence why it will still be on the calender, even after every other circuit has been bulldozed.

Caporegime
I'm no expert but this could be it!

N.B. I know nothing and am just spouting words, please feel free to shoot me down and correct me! :p
Indeed.

They have made the cars massive and heavy and not very nimble...whilst introducing more and more narrow street circuits with tight corners.

I like the odd street circuit to shake things up a bit but with the new cars, the best racing has been at traditional/proper circuits.

Back
Top Bottom