British Man Invents 8,000 Mile Per Gallon Car

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think you're all missing the point here somewhat. Like with F1 the technology eventually filters down to production cars. This one doesn't look particularly groundbreaking but there are more than likely some innovations in the build that will find their way into everyday vehicles one day.

Soldato
lol @ readers comments:

You idiots.
The slight boost in initial speed that might be provided by using gerbils instead of hamsters would be more than made up by the hamsters' considerably lighter bodies. While both rodents could probably survive the grueling workload for about 20-30 minutes, during which time the gerbils' extra power would tend to drive them ahead of a hamster-driven machine, once our furry friends died from exhaustion the Gerbils' 15 excess grams of dead weight (pun intended) when compared to the fluffier but more svelte hamsters would quickly give back the lead, and for good.

Really what you'd want is something hardy enough to survive longer trips, perhaps a groundhog or a chinchilla. Better yet, consider the aerodynamic and impossible-to-kill ferret. Plenty fast, and you can even whip people's butts with them like they were wet towels. (I don't pretend to understand ferret physiology, but I think their spines are made out of that flexible metal cabling they make bicycle locks out of. These are the kind of animals that survive Mass Extinction Events.)

Associate
quote "might you want consider looking like a dork and watching children in tricycles go faster than you."

nice. 8000miles to the gallon. at 18mph it would take me 2 hours to get to work, but I would only have to fill up once every 6 months! :)

0-18 in how long though?

also, does anyone sell spinners and lowering kits for it? neons? oh man and theres no stereo.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Thread title needs correcting to

Odvious PC type namby pamby dweed invents road going canoe.

Now wheres the keys to my mates truck i want to run him over. :p

AND Johnny69 are you really advocating 18mph cars and fuel efficiency :p
Coming from Oc's Hotrodding dude that is hilarious. :D

Soldato
JollyGreen said:
Also if you click on the link to the original sky news article it's a mere 800 miles to the gallon...

And if you read the sky article it says it is capable of upto 8000 miles:p

Must be a number mix up:confused:

Associate
Dont be expecting very fuel effient cars for a long time though. Especialy not until oil companies stop earning £15bil a year or until oil supplies run out. As soon as someone invents a car that can do riciculously high miles per gallon the oil companies just buy them out so it never lifts off.
Though im sure you already know this, im just reminding you that fuel efficient cars are just a mere dream atm. :)

Back
Top Bottom