British woman says her Spanish holiday was ruined by too many Spanish people

Caporegime
Xenophobic British pensioner + cheap package holiday in Benidorm = predictable results.

An English retiree, Freda Jackson of Blackburn, UK, is causing an internet firestorm after her ruined vacation in Benidorm, Spain made headlines. What wrecked her sojourn to the land of the Spaniards? All the Spaniards, apparently!

...“The hotel was full of Spanish holidaymakers and they really got on our nerves.”

“The entertainment in the hotel was all focused and catered for the Spanish.”

“Why can’t the Spanish go somewhere else for their holidays?”

(Source).

Twitter has responded:

Capture.png

Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Capture3.png

Associate
I once overheard an American woman at a restaurant in Italy complain to her husband "He doesn't speak English?!" and she looked actually annoyed that the Italian bloke was speaking his native language in his country.

Caporegime
To be fair I'm not sure why Spanish people would choose to go on holiday to Glasgow-upon-sea given they have so many nicer parts of their country. I'd have assumed a package holiday there would mean a hotel full of chavs from the UK and Ireland and presumably the same sort of entertainment as you might expect in Butlins or some working mans club.

Caporegime
I guess we might see more stories like this if there is a US style admin fee for visiting the EU. How many Benidorm regulars will forget to pay online then turn up at the airport with their new, blue passport only to be turned away... deffo some potential for more Daily Mail angry face stories :D

Back
Top Bottom