brothers xbox 360 is dead

Associate
Brother purchased the 360 on release and yesterday it died

He's just called the place were he bought it from and as it's out of warranty he's got to call microsoft.

After calling them they said no problem .....but..it's gonna cost 123 euro's to fix. yeah right give more money sure...

So he's just called the credit card company told them about the 360 how microsoft released a console with a fault poor design.

" we are happy to do a chargeback" the lady say's :)

All he has to do is take the console back get proof he's given it back, then send the proof to the bank they will do the chargeback no problem :)

If company's don't play ball just do a chargeback... if you have a 360 out of warranty

Soldato
So what, you just dump the 360 back at the place you bought it from and get some proof that you have done it? :confused:

Associate
OP
Nismo said:
So what, you just dump the 360 back at the place you bought it from and get some proof that you have done it? :confused:

just got to get the person to take it back and sign the receipt should not be a problem brothers gone down there now

Permabanned
Livestrong said:
just got to get the person to take it back and sign the receipt should not be a problem brothers gone down there now
I'll be very interested in how he gets on.
I can't see the staff signing for it myself.

Permabanned
His best bet for a chargeback would be to send the unit registered post to the stores head office customer services department.
Check with the CC company that this would be acceptable though.

I'd still go the SOGA way personally or if he doesn't like hassle go the MS repair route assuming it is in the "free repair" window of manufacture.

Associate
OP
VIRII said:
His best bet for a chargeback would be to send the unit registered post to the stores head office customer services department.
Check with the CC company that this would be acceptable though.

yep they said either way would be fine, just waiting on the brother to call how he got on

Associate
OP
All done

just a quick note brother said the store person just called the manager told him what the bank said he then signed the receipt

accepted goods xbox 360, date printed name and signed

just about to send to the bank with covering letter and ref

job done.

Back
Top Bottom