brown underwear time

Associate
for any of you using those cheap tripods from asda

be careful, just set one up for a portrait shot, and the camera dropped right out of the holding bay. All I am goign to say is, all those years of martial arts i did as a young un, and the honed reflexes that comes with it, has payed off today.

I managed to catch our minolta dynax 7d before it had fully fell from the block lol

Heart beat has certainly sped up a bit lol

Associate
Lol, the worst experience I had was when I was about ten, my Dad had been given a Canon AE-1 and a huge macro ring flash. I quote from him: "If you brake that I'll bloody kill you David". So I set it up trying to take a picture of a blade of grass and low and behold I realise one of the tripod legs has come loose. So, I tried to put in back in the holder thing and it fell off, Camera, ring flash and all. But, the one time where electric and water didn't end up in killing someone, it fell onto on of the lilos we had in our pool. I still don't think he knows what happened lol. I think that the tripod went very swiftly into the bin.

Caporegime
People think i am crazy spending £200 for a tripod when they can see one in shops for £20. I've had one of those £20 tripod, it was fine...for about a week. Soon the tighten bolt inside that holds the camera in place gets worn out and you end up with a flappy thing that just moves around with no friction. Not good at all.

Soldato
I have this:

Tripod02.jpg

Its favourite stunt is this:

Tripod01.jpg

Soon to be replaced with a Manfrotto 055proB \o/

Associate
I just bought one of these today, thanks for the heads up on this. Will only be around until I can afford a good quality one.

Associate
Lives and learns I guess, I learned from others mistakes :p and got a manfrotto from the start.

guess you could always use the cheapie tripods for off shoe flash guns

Associate
Bought my 055PROB and 488RC2 the other week. Absolutely love it. Such a sound investment. And you are right, Joe, Buy cheap, buy twice.

Woodsy

Back
Top Bottom