Brussels Restaurant Recommendations

Soldato
I’m going to be in Brussels in June. I’ve been looking at quite a few places already but wanted to see if anyone had some recommendations. I’m ideally looking for a seafood restaurant, a steak/barbecue place and a restaurant that has a great selection of Belgian beers.

Soldato
I'm at Brussels Airport now! Unfortunately I'm not going into the city this time (just a 45 min meeting at the Airport Sheraton in the morning then back to blighty :rolleyes:) but for trad Belgian beers and bar snacks (like Mussels and chips) you want Mort Subite.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Beers: Poechenellekelder. They do a good lasagne, but it's no haute cuisine. Beer selection is fantastic and the waiters are extremely knowledgable. It looks touristy but I promise you it's brilliant, and not massively expensive considering its location. Perhaps not for dinner if that's your main focus of the evening though.

Seafood: Scheltema. Not cheap, but not Michelin star prices either.

Belgian grub: Fin de Siècle on Rue des Chartreux. Quality dishes (including steak, jambonneau, ribs..), huge portions, decent beer selection and quite frankly, cheap. Queue usually goes out the door on a busy night but worth it (can't book a table).

Restobières has good grub with a wide selection of beers (usually in the dishes), and In 't Spinnekopke is a common restaurant for people who organise small beer tours, although I've never been personally.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
If you like a cigar, head to the Belga Queen. They have a cigar vault in the basement with a reasonably well stocked humidor. The food was good but it depends on your taste. The staff all dress like psychopathic butchers.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
If you like a cigar, head to the Belga Queen. They have a cigar vault in the basement with a reasonably well stocked humidor. The food was good but it depends on your taste. The staff all dress like psychopathic butchers.
Another Brussels classic!

Soldato
OP
Scheltema was proposed to the group and some didn’t like the price so I’m stuck again for seafood. I looked at Le Zinneke and was pretty much set on that until some didn’t want to travel out of the centre. So we are a little back to square one for seafood. Ideally I’m looking for a restaurant that does good mussels, some meat and vegetarian food. In the centre and not too pricey (they probably won’t complain too much if the main is less than €20).

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Scheltema was proposed to the group and some didn’t like the price so I’m stuck again for seafood. I looked at Le Zinneke and was pretty much set on that until some didn’t want to travel out of the centre. So we are a little back to square one for seafood. Ideally I’m looking for a restaurant that does good mussels, some meat and vegetarian food. In the centre and not too pricey (they probably won’t complain too much if the main is less than €20).
Did you go to Fin de Siecle?
Dunno when you're leaving, as they're probably closed tomorrow, but that sounds like the sort of place your group would enjoy.

Also apologies for recommending Scheltema, although I did say it wasn't cheap :p

Soldato
OP
Did you go to Fin de Siecle?
Dunno when you're leaving, as they're probably closed tomorrow, but that sounds like the sort of place your group would enjoy.

Also apologies for recommending Scheltema, although I did say it wasn't cheap :p
Not going for a few months. Fin de siecle is definitely on my list. Not being able to book a table is the only down side

Back
Top Bottom