BSOD advice please

Soldato
Had this happen three times now at random times, it just happened for first time playing bf3. Anyone understand what's making this happen?

thanks for any help.

URL]

31566816.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I have changed two things updated bios and I noticed my Ram command rate was 1N where CPU-z says it should be 2T/2N Asrock board has them listed has 1N and 2N would this make PC bsod??

Just played one full round off bf3 and it ran smooth.

Associate
i was having issue with my graphic card awhile back causing bsod it was hitting temps of 100c within 10mins of game play so i move it to pcie slot 2 problem solved haven't had another bsod since doing it.

Soldato
First thing to do would to revert both CPU and GPU to stock settings if overclocked. Download and run MSI Afterburner and Realtemp during game play. After an action packed prolonged stint check the temps of both.

Check GPU stability with a few runs of Unigine Heaven benchmarking tool and furmark again keeping an eye on temp and looking out for artifcats etc etc.

Make sure CPU is stable (esp if overclocked), use prime 95 for at least 8 hours, again keep and eye out for max temperatures.

Ensure RAM is running at its rated speed, update all drivers (CPU/motherboard/chipset).

Download and run Memtest86+ to bootable flash drive and run overnight.

Soldato
OP
First thing to do would to revert both CPU and GPU to stock settings if overclocked. Download and run MSI Afterburner and Realtemp during game play. After an action packed prolonged stint check the temps of both.

Check GPU stability with a few runs of Unigine Heaven benchmarking tool and furmark again keeping an eye on temp and looking out for artifcats etc etc.

Make sure CPU is stable (esp if overclocked), use prime 95 for at least 8 hours, again keep and eye out for max temperatures.

Ensure RAM is running at its rated speed, update all drivers (CPU/motherboard/chipset).

Download and run Memtest86+ to bootable flash drive and run overnight.

Sorry I know my gpu max temp its 60c keep in mind this has only happened the once when playing a game, the other two times where browsing net and other watching youtube.

Soldato
OP
OK so unlikely to be unstable GPU, make sure you're on the latest drivers though and start ruling out other components.

Using latest Divers 8.95.5-120224a-134185E-ATI. I'll just wait and see if it happens again now, and keep note what I was doing at the time of it happening. Hopefully updating bios to latest has sorted problem I was running a beta bios before this one.

Back
Top Bottom