BSOD after clone Windows 2012 R2

Soldato
Soldato
Hi all

I have just cloned using macrium reflect a WD red to an 850 pro ssd with windows server 2012 r2 installed

I also upgraded the CPU from a Pentium to an i5 and changed cases

The ssd does the normal windows loading screen and then BSODs just before the logon screen

There is no error given
Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Is this the code it gives on the BSOD screen?

I cannot read it, it restarts very very quickly so I can't even read the message

Associate
Sounds like a possible driver issue. Might be worth trying to boot into Safe Mode as well. If you can get into safe mode I'd have a look in device manager and see if there's any issues there.

Associate
The problem is the hardware change, from a pentium to an i5 is a significant change....

Why don't you p2v the machine and run it as a vm? It'll be hardware agnostic then, and much easier to move around and change its storage mediums. Hyper-v in 2012r2 is all grown up now and its free :)

Associate
^What swain said, safe mode is your best bet, did you change motherboards at all? If so then you might want to check settings relating for raid or not raid (I forget the setting name).

If you can't get into safe mode and you've not change the mobo then I would do a repair but what might be quicker is use a different cloning tool or maybe your original clone was misconfigured.

Back
Top Bottom