BSOD + crashes. Are my parts not compatible?

Associate
So I get BSOD a few times a day, sometimes randomly other times while tabbing out of a game. I also get random crashes where using applications freezes my whole PC. The other problem is when I watch youtube videos the videos go black (still hear the sound but no image).

I am wondering if it's the parts that don't like each other, I have seen online a lot of people complain about my GPU causing similar issues - BSOD ect, but most people seemed to have had their issues fixed with updates, I however, have not.

Some people have said it could be a RAM issue, others said that the GPU and CPU don't work together well when on this motherboard, as all the parts worked fine when in different systems. I don't have a clue what the problem could be but I don't like the hassle of all this trying to fix it, I'd rather just buy new parts that I know will work.

Here is my current system.

Kolink Enclave 600W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply
MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC (Socket AM4) Mini-ITX Motherboard
Team Group Vulcan T-Force 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core 4.2GHz (Socket AM4) Processor
ASUS AMD RX-5700

When I looked on the msi website for the compatible Ram with the motherboard I couldn't find my ram... But when I searched for the other RAM on the list I couldn't find them on any UK websites. I was looking for some 3200MHz (2x16GB) RAM as I want more RAM.

Soldato
Have you tried a variety of GPU drivers?

Try with 8gigs of RAM.

Does the motherboard have onboard graphics if so try without the GPU.

Try updating bios.

Associate
OP
I haven't done anything to OC anything, it's all stock. Not sure what XMP/DOCP is.

Bios is updated, I have tried with all the drivers since I got it, there has been 3 I think. No onboard graphics.

Associate
OP
I'll try that when I'm home next week. I'm currently working away from home, wasn't expecting such quick replies! If there is anything else I can try let me know. Does the fact the ram isn't on the QVL list for the motherboard matter?

Back
Top Bottom