BSODs During BF3

Associate
Afternoon,

Recently, I have been getting BSODs after long session of BF3. I don't get any noticeable frame rate drops before hand or evidence of thermal throttling from my components.

The RAM I currently have did a complete pass of Memtest86 and no errors occurred. The system has been stable since I got it, but has had about 4 BSODs in this last month- seemingly after I installed new RAM.

Specs are as follows:

AMD Phenom 555 x4 3.8Ghz
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB ~1600Mhz
MSI GTX470 Twinfrozr
Coolermaster 650W
Asus M4A88

Any help would be great, I am at a loss to what is happening. :(

Associate
OP
Hi, is your ram set at the right timings and set the ram volts to its max value, ie - if your ram voltage ranges from 1.5v to 1.6v, set it to 1.6v.

Hope this helps.

I am pretty certain the voltages for it are correct, as are the timings- I haven't needed to change them- however I will check them upon a reboot.

Checck your event logs also. May indictae what the problem could be.

They will be my first port of call once I go back onto Windows. :)

Could be down to a unstable overclock, run prime 95 for a hour and see if it crashes.

I'll try that also, I have had the OC for a while now and never had any stability issues.

few clicks more cpu northbridge voltage?

I think this may be worth a try, but I have had the OC for a long time and no major issues with it.

Perhaps, just to rule it out, disable the reactivated cores or knock the CPU back to default?

I will also try this whilst running prime. :)

Cheers guys. :)

I don't think it is GPU related. I had an OC on my card, but took it off once I got my first BSOD from BF3.

Associate
Sometimes adding memory can mess up OverClocks did u go from 4gig to 8gig when you
changed your memory?

Or did you totally change the memory?

Either way can still mess up an OverClock

Associate
Yeh that will do it, you previously had 4Gb and you have upgraded to 8Gb.

It will be the overclock that is messing up mate, reload BIOS defaults and overclock it again
and run Prime95 for a couple of hours and check its stable again.

Back
Top Bottom