BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
Just a quick question for everyone, I'm finally getting FTTP installed on the 9th and just trying to get some equipment ready for the switch over.

I've bought a Asus RT-AX82U router only version to be used with the open reach modem when it's installed. Is the connection from the modem to the router normal RJ45 Ethernet? I've always had combo routers which take a RJ11 cable.

Cheers :)

Man of Honour
I've never seen over 910 Mbps or so on Zen 900 but I never trust the accuracy of Speedtests. Torrents, Usenet, Steam etc see around 104 MB/s.

I'm fairly certain the max speed is 910 Mbps, as in, that's what the ONT will sync at.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've never seen over 910 Mbps or so on Zen 900 but I never trust the accuracy of Speedtests. Torrents, Usenet, Steam etc see around 104 MB/s.

I'm fairly certain the max speed is 910 Mbps, as in, that's what the ONT will sync at.

Cripes - Usenet. There's a name I've not heard in a very long time! Is that system still running?!

Soldato
Cripes - Usenet. There's a name I've not heard in a very long time! Is that system still running?!

Heck yes. A bit of automation on a NAS and every Linux distro you want automagically appears locally seconds after it’s available it’s so fast.

Back
Top Bottom