BT Infinity & Torrents

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I personally don't think it will be completely unlimited, as in, downloading 24/7 at full speed without repercussions. I just don't see it happening IMO. Would be great if they did allow it though, as I would switch come the end of my BT contract, more-so to do with simplifying my bill, as my TV is through Sky.

It will be truly unlimited, just like their ADSL product. It's their USP.

Associate
If you set up the torrent software correctly you can get full speed 24/7. I was getting very low speeds at peak times until I enabled forced encryption and disabled legacy connections. You may find you won't connect to as many peers but its worth it for sure. I only use private torrents though. VPN is also another option, but not necessary in my opinion.

Soldato
If you set up the torrent software correctly you can get full speed 24/7. I was getting very low speeds at peak times until I enabled forced encryption and disabled legacy connections. You may find you won't connect to as many peers but its worth it for sure. I only use private torrents though. VPN is also another option, but not necessary in my opinion.

This. Changing some settings in utorrent and I'm getting full speeds 24/7 (4.4mb/s)

Man of Honour
Are these experiences on the FTTC product or an ADSL product?

Both - not seen any difference in traffic managment policies between ADSL2/WBC and Infinity.

EDIT: I've not seen the 2Mbit/s cap either side of peak time on any infinity connection yet but that only seems to happen when the network is under higher than usual strain anyhow.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Both - not seen any difference in traffic managment policies between ADSL2/WBC and Infinity.

EDIT: I've not seen the 2Mbit/s cap either side of peak time on any infinity connection yet but that only seems to happen when the network is under higher than usual strain anyhow.

So you have personally upgraded from an ADSL based connection to an Infinity product?

Back
Top Bottom