BTCC @ Oulton Park 23rd June

Soldato
Hi all,

These are a few from Oulton park a few weeks ago now, its taken me a long time to actually get my act together and sort them out.

Here is the pick of the bunch. There are not many and there are no shots of any actual racing as I had serial battery failure on the day and didnt even get started really, so just a couple of single car shots today.

As always im looking for any comments please.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

At the moment im going through my F1 pics from Silverstone at the weekend so hopefully I will have them done soon aswell.

Cheers

Soldato
OP
Hi there,

They were all taken with the Sigma 70-300, I already had it on the camera from taking some longer shots.

I do take the 24-105 to races but it usually only gets used in the pits/paddock.

Soldato
They're not bad, but i cant help feeling they're all cropped a bit too close. A bit more space around the car, especially some space for it to drive into, would probably improve the shots.

EDIT: They seem a little under-exposed to me too?

Soldato
OP
Scam said:
They're not bad, but i cant help feeling they're all cropped a bit too close. A bit more space around the car, especially some space for it to drive into, would probably improve the shots.

EDIT: They seem a little under-exposed to me too?

I was pretty sure someone might mention the crops being a bit to close.
I would agree to be honest, as I said I only managed to get a few shots in before both of my batteries went which was frustrating as I didnt really have many shots to play with.

I was very close to the track for 1, 3 and 4 and using the 70-300 I didnt really have the width to get any more space in around the cars, although these are cropped, I've only taken a very small amount off them to remove distractions (marshall post and a pro photographer).

So its more a problem with the original framing than the crops, but I agree, they need some space, particularly infront of the cars.

Dup said:
Awesome! They look much nicer than mine. I was with the Type-R guys and that big New York yellow taxi if you saw it.

Here's my pics from the day - Taken with an Olympus E-10 so not so good with the fixed lens.

Aaah nice, I did see that taxi a couple of times, what was the story behind that then?

The weather was fun eh :p

Back
Top Bottom