• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Budget Dual HDMI Card

Associate
Looking for a cheap dual hdmi gpu for my rig

Intel Core i5-2500k
Antec Kuhler 620
16gb Corsair Vengeance Blue Ram
MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Z68 Motherboard
40Gb OCZ SSD (Cache)
2 x 160gb Seagate 7200.11 in RAID 0
HP Lightscribe 16x DL DVD-RW SATA
Antec TruePower New Modular 650W '80 Plus Bronze' PSU
Antec 300 Case

Obviously want it to out perform the HD3000 on my 2500k but other than that not looking for anything too super.

Can anyone help?

Soldato
Get 2 cards. 1 for gaming? (I assume that's the reason you need to out perform the HD3000) and one cheap £25 job for the extra hdmi output?

Assuming you don't need the 2 pci-e x16 for anything else.

Soldato
Hi there,

Pretty much any discrete graphics card will support dual-DVI output, all you need to do is find a card that has one HDMI and one DVI-D - and use an adapter like this. Or alternatively, find a card with two DVI outputs (and use two adapters).

Personally I would go with this card, it is really great value and will play most modern games well at 1080p resolution.

If you just want a cheap card, then this HD 6450 card offers a HDMI and DVI port. However, in terms of performance it is only slightly better than the onboard Intel HD 3000 and not suitable for playing modern games (though it is fine for smoothly decoding 1080p videos).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom