Budget system for gaming?

Associate
Hey guys, looking at a budget system for my younger brother to get into PC gaming, his budget is around 700-800 and he wants to play R6S, Borderlands 2(3 when it gets announced) Runescape and Fortnite, budget has some leeway. Also i've seen that overclockers will build a system for you if you're not comfortable doing it for a certain price, anyone know how to go about that option?

Thanks in Advance.

Soldato
Hey guys, looking at a budget system for my younger brother to get into PC gaming, his budget is around 700-800 and he wants to play R6S, Borderlands 2(3 when it gets announced) Runescape and Fortnite, budget has some leeway. Also i've seen that overclockers will build a system for you if you're not comfortable doing it for a certain price, anyone know how to go about that option?

Thanks in Advance.

two options, can put a list together and they can build it for a fee on top, or they have a selection of pre-built systems.

currently just reaidng up on GTX 1660ti performance so wont comment until i've read through them personally

Soldato
basically gtx 1070 performance for GTX1070 money. nothing to see.

£260-80 when I recall gtx 1070 at launch was £350-400 (FE)?

Recall RX 580 and RX 590 having same prices if not higher before mining .

gtx 1060 was £240-275(FE)

havent read yet if it powers on 400/450w yet though

gtx 1660 in two weeks, hopefully see rx580/90 drop more

Last edited:
Associate
OP
two options, can put a list together and they can build it for a fee on top, or they have a selection of pre-built systems.

currently just reaidng up on GTX 1660ti performance so wont comment until i've read through them personally

yeah the first one, and thats fine it wont be until the end of march anyway was just wondering what he could get for that sort of money.

@ChaotikRogue would you also need monitor and peripherals?

he needs periphals and his budget all in including the peripherals is about 1k

Soldato
1070 non-FE was $379 at launch, 1060 6gb non-FE was $249

1660ti is $279 - still ~$20 higher than it should be though...even accounting for inflation

im going at OCUK launch prices , not dollars ( since stock is bought two months ahead of time and in dollars not sterling ,this effects retail pricing)

UK and US prices never match up, looking at Strix 1660ti trade prices... haha

@ChaotikRogue

im useless with keyboards etc, would touch it over 1k though but OCUK to build and warranty with 144hz 1080p screen. Naff bit in the system is PSU but 2 free games

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,011.88 (includes shipping: £15.90)​

Man of Honour
yeah the first one, and thats fine it wont be until the end of march anyway was just wondering what he could get for that sort of money.
no point asking now, then if still more than a month away. prices can change (sometimes significantly), so what's best value today, might not be best value next month.

Strix 1660ti trade prices... haha
asus tax innit? lol

Back
Top Bottom