Budget Tablet solely for reading PDF recommendations.

Associate
Never had a tablet, I don't faff about with phones or any of that only use PC but would like a large screen so I can read PDF's while sat comfortably. What should I look out for, what are the nicest screens on the eyes etc.

As big as possible with full functionality using acrobat reader. Even considering a used ipad (I know) due to the decent screen?

Any idea's?

Cheers

Soldato
Bit of a wild card suggestion but as far as reading PDFs (not sure if you need colour) on a comfortable for the eyes screen, probably can't get better than an e-ink Kindle or similar readers. Believe Kobo do an 8" version as biggest Kindle you can get is Oasis which is more than £200.

Associate
Would it not depend on how much money you wish to spend, the quality of the screen, Speed of the device, the echo system you are already in(Apple/Android) and also the type of pdfs you are going to read ?.
documents
Magazines
Ebooks
Technical Ebooks
Comics
Manuals
Invoices

for example if you are just going to read Ebooks, then your better of getting a Ebook reader they are far better than tablets.
For comics and magazines a bigger viewing experience is better i find so a tablet bigger than 8 inches is better.
Also bear in mind as i said above the quality of the screen and also remember the weight after holding a heavy tablet for a while it will give you wrist ache lol.

Soldato
Never had a tablet, I don't faff about with phones or any of that only use PC but would like a large screen so I can read PDF's while sat comfortably. What should I look out for, what are the nicest screens on the eyes etc.

As big as possible with full functionality using acrobat reader. Even considering a used ipad (I know) due to the decent screen?

Any idea's?

Cheers

The new kindle was and possibly still is going for 49.99 with front lit screen.

Associate
OP
Thanks for replies, I ended up with an ipad 3 off a friend, this apple stuff though........:rolleyes: same old story as my experience with imac. No backwards compatibility for apps with older iOS, update your iOS oh you can't because of hardware, laughable its just the worse, no usb! need programs to drag and drop files????. I tried kindle but the screen was so small and was having to scroll sideways on PDF as they can't be word wrapped obviously.

Once I get over my apple rage ill try find a suitable PDF reader for it but I just wanted to use adobe.

Associate
I'm looking for something similar but want to be able to annotate notes for my studies. Would prefer a pocket sized devic , does the ipad mini allow me to do this?

Associate
OP
10.5 tab s can pick them up for £100 now.Much better than the ipad imo

Ditching this stupid ipad I have so want an android tablet, 10.5 looks ideal as I don't really want to go any smaller than the ipad. What is the absolute lowest version of android would one buy these days, the versions vary hugely across different models. Cheers

Associate
Ditching this stupid ipad I have so want an android tablet, 10.5 looks ideal as I don't really want to go any smaller than the ipad. What is the absolute lowest version of android would one buy these days, the versions vary hugely across different models. Cheers

I got mine still on Marshmallow 6.0.1 and runs great still but can get up to Nougat 7 if you don't mind custom roms which i will do one day.

Back
Top Bottom